Fertilizer cost

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
i got a unit price for fertilizer and was to embarrassed how to get the price totaled.
135 ac.
$ 265 ton
20-0-10
Tonnage 20-1/4
Labor $ 6 per ac

Not sure what your asking? Are you wanting the total cost for fertilizer spread on a 135 acres of land.

$5366.25 Fertilizer Cost

$810.00 Labor

Yes please labor and fertilizer total. Tonnage instead of per ac. is confusing me. $ 810 to spread ( granular) and $ 265 per ton ( fertilizer cost ) using 20-1/4 total tons for 135 ac. I came up with $ 6400 plus or minus. Fertilizer is way down in price is what I have been told.

I don't know your situation. But I would sure spread the fertilizer myself. That's less than a days work easy. As long as you're reasonably close to the dealer. Can be done with the pickup , ac blowing and radio playing.

True Grit Farms":1x53oktd said:
Are you putting the fertilizer out according to a soil sample? The labor seems high to me, I pay $8. a acre to have mine spread.
Yes that is the normal price because we have been in a drought so price goes up. How about the tonnage price in line with most people.

M-5":3a7vjca4 said:
Yes it's in line , I paid 325ton 20-0-20 in may
I got close why in the world they use tonnage instead of per ac. I will never know and check water gauge today and up to 3 inches. Hopefully the drought is over.

Florida cowgirl":uszku1z7 said:
M-5":uszku1z7 said:
Yes it's in line , I paid 325ton 20-0-20 in may
I got close why in the world they use tonnage instead of per ac. I will never know and check water gauge today and up to 3 inches. Hopefully the drought is over.

As you continue to do it it will start to make sense. Your application is in pounds per acre so that's why it's in ton price. Lumber is sold by board feet when buying truck loads when it's retailed most convert it to sell by the piece

Latest posts