Fertilizer and Ethanol

Help Support CattleToday:

mnmtranching

Reaction score
I have also decided to blame corn ethanol for the hi price of fertilizer. :nod:

Think about it. :compute:

2 dollar corn and the current price of fertilizer. :lol2: :lol2: Talking about a train wreck. :shock:

How much would corn producers need to be subsidized. :help:

I think fertilizer companies are basing the price of fertilizer on $5.50 corn. :mad:

I'm onto em. :cowboy: :cowboy:

Not only that I have thought that ethanol is to blame for crappy public education. The decline in education must have started about the time mnmtranching was in 1st grade.

Mrsomn, are you trying to tell us :shock: The closer you are to a ethanol plant :cry2: the more likely you are to have brain damage. :banana: :banana:

:heart: Herfs, all you need to do to get a tread locked is to get sommn involved. :welcome:

It seems to me everywhere I look prices on anything seem crazy I'm not sure what caused what . That being said commodity production is an infrastructure issue . For years we've under invested in production of all commodities . Ehtanol seems to have tipped the scales as far as supply and demand is concerned . The money from high crop prices will end up in the hands of everybody but the guy that raised it .

Larry

Farmers have a huge input cost this year in their production. If anyone believes that big business and big government are going to let farmers make a lot of money, I still have that bridge for sale...

Fertilizer is up for the same reason oil and chemicals are up. There are only a few people producing these things. A couple of years ago Monsanto bought out nearly every company that was making generic round-up. Shortly after proudct prices began to rise. Competition is a good thing :!: Why would oil companies want to build more refineries . . . so they could sell gas at a cheaper price because they have an abundance of it :???: Getting back to the fretilizer it has been climbing for three years now, comodity prices are just now catching up. Just ask any farmer that booked $5 wheat how thay made out this year :!:

Ocean frieght at around $90 a ton to get it to our shore could be some of the reason. But since most fert. is delivered inland by mule and wagon I guess that is about all the frieght charge there would be :eek: Other countries around the world that do not make ethanol are still buying for $125 a ton I supose :tiphat:

Latest posts