Fertility

Help Support CattleToday:

Highpoint

Reaction score
http://cattletoday.com/archive/2017/October/CT3546.php
I saw this report this morning and thought this is where the study of glycobiology comes into play. Earlier this year I started testing a product on the pasture called fulvic acid. I thought after reading the research it would have to have glycans to do all they say but called every lab I could hope would be able to test in the US and to date have found none.

Well I was given eight cows two of which were not suppose to have a calf which were going to sale at the right time and a bull who was suppose to be unable to breed since the vet said he was damaged. The other cows had their young and while working them before moving all of them sure enough both of the cows who had not produced in two years were expecting. Now I can't prove it was the fulvic soil admendment but if anyone on this board knows someone doing research on cattle using glycans I would love to hear from them. I also mixed the fulvic and sprayed on feed ect

You might ask what are they and who has done testing. Wake Forest Babtist university uses them to grow body parts seen on CBS special YouTube. Also the company I buy nutrients from sales them in a different form which would be way too expensive to feed to cattle. And no I am not sure this product has them but everything leads to the premise it does.

Currently because they will be born at the wrong time, my son says they will be sold. I am hoping not before the calves are large enough to get a test on their weight. The first cows to produce have very healthy calves and my son knows I am wanting to find out how large they get before sale. In research from Australia, the calves weighed 50 lbs more and the cows produced 15% more milk fat on less grass and another pasture where I only sprayed once, he did have calves coming off at 700lbs however that could not even be considered due to not having more data as to how old, etc. The fulvic in their tests however was not made from trees and the fulvic was 2-3% where this is 28-30% made with trees and water process not chemical.

I cannot honestly say we see much difference in the pastures as right now they have 96 calves on 70 acres that have been weaned. I go down and spray their hay and feed every few days and the first thing I noticed was the calves stopped having scours within a day. Many of those calves came off of other pastures and had not been raised from before birth with the product. You can tell I am having a time with family and these tests.

Spring should give us more information and yes the grass has been eaten down to the ground. I guess a really hard test.