Fertility in Bulls

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Please let me know what the average rate of gain should be for bulls and also what, if any, correlation there is between underweight bulls and their ability to breed or be fertile.<br>
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

Hi Bill,<br>I expect my weaned calves to gain a minumum of 2.5# per day. My yearling must weigh at least 1000# by 12 months or they won't be sold as breeding bulls.<br>The thin bull if he has been wormed and isn't ill will probably throw "hard keeping" calves that won't gain very well. Look for "easy keeping" in your bulls for "easy keeping" quick gaining calves.<br>Fertility is best determined using a "Breeding Soundness Evaluation". Scrotal Circumference has a great deal to do with the fertility of a bulls daughters.<br>Hope this answered some of your questions,<br>Darla *.~<p>: Please let me know what the average rate of gain should be for bulls and also what, if any, correlation there is between underweight bulls and their ability to breed or be fertile.<p>
<br>
<ul><li><a href="http://www.mgi-inc.org">Murray Grey International, Inc.</a></ul>

[email protected]

A bull's rate of gain is related to several things: genetics, age, feed, weather... We currently have an Angus bull on a performance test gaining over 6 lbs. per day. That's pretty extreme, though. Being severely underweight can affect both a bull's fertility and his desire to breed.<p>Please let me know what the average rate of gain should be for bulls and also what, if any, correlation there is between underweight bulls and their ability to breed or be fertile.<p>
<br>

[email protected]

Hey, Darla..long time no visit! I would have a heart attack if some of mine were that big at 12 months..LOL..course i got those ol' range cattle..Registered Texas Longhorns. I did just sell a bull prospect who weighed 650 at 8 months!<br>: Hi Bill,<br>: I expect my weaned calves to gain a minumum of 2.5# per day. My yearling must weigh at least 1000# by 12 months or they won't be sold as breeding bulls.<br>: The thin bull if he has been wormed and isn't ill will probably throw "hard keeping" calves that won't gain very well. Look for "easy keeping" in your bulls for "easy keeping" quick gaining calves.<br>: Fertility is best determined using a "Breeding Soundness Evaluation". Scrotal Circumference has a great deal to do with the fertility of a bulls daughters.<br>: Hope this answered some of your questions,<br>: Darla *.~<p>: : Please let me know what the average rate of gain should be for bulls and also what, if any, correlation there is between underweight bulls and their ability to breed or be fertile.<p>
<br>
<ul><li><a href="http://www.totalaccess.net/~calpat/">CalPat Longhorns</a></ul>

[email protected]

Latest posts