Feral pig legislation Michigan.

Help Support CattleToday:

hayray

Reaction score
From USA Today - this has been long over do in my opinion - 2-8-2011

The Department of Natural Resources and the Environment declared feral pigs an invasive species and gave the legislature until July 8 to come up with regulations on the breeding and confining the tusked animals, or ownership of them will be banned. The agency estimates there are 3000 to 5000 feral pigs in 65 counties threatening farms and native species.

We all know what the source is - the game farms and or other hunters releasing them, we don't want this problem in this state like others have. I know a guy who lives next to Ted Nugents ranch who got chased by an escaped hog and ending up shooting it.

I don't think your ever going to get rid of them now. Every man, woman and child needs to carry a gun with them at all times, and shoot every wild pig - hog they see. And you still won't get them all.

Buy yourself some pot bellied pig boars. Toss them over the fence at those game preserves.

The game preserves that brought in Russain Boar out to be imprisoned for robbing the Texas farmers.

Oh yea! The wild boar forums are banning farmers for suggesting that we do away with them altogether. Even Texas Boars has now banned me. They won't respond either.

7 foot fence around the game preserves will not hold 'em. They will actually get on the back of another hog and ride along the fence and jump from there. When you see this the first time, you'll understand the term "riding piggy back" you've heard all your life.

highgrit":2flph8e8 said:
I don't think your ever going to get rid of them now. Every man, woman and child needs to carry a gun with them at all times, and shoot every wild pig - hog they see. And you still won't get them all.

I do. A hog hunter is public enemy number 2 preceded by public enemy number one the hog.
They will climb your fences tearing them up they have no respect for your property. The dogs run the hogs through your fences tearing them up as well. Public enemy number 3 is the hog dog aka a pit bull along with a black mouth cur. Several of these have been dispatched for baying the cows.
Everyone I see has a target painted on them.
Hog hunters are the most unethical bunch in the woods.

C B you hit the nail on the head. Dog hunters around here have pretty much quit poaching, but I do let some come coon hunting.

highgrit":381h2jlw said:
C B you hit the nail on the head. Dog hunters around here have pretty much quit poaching, but I do let some come coon hunting.

I am a dog man love to squirrel hunt with a dog. A coon hunter will ask permission and use gates and leave them like they found them. I have noticed the lower the economic standing and IQ the more pit bulls and tattoo's are owned.

Latest posts