Feral chickens

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Reaction score
Using the most hardy breed of chicken, would a chicken go feral like wild turkeys or feral hogs. If so a person could have a year round hunt at the chicken ranch. Lot of Californians moving to Texas and they may enjoy hunting chickens at the chicken ranch. :hide:

cowboy43 said:
Using the most hardy breed of chicken, would a chicken go feral like wild turkeys or feral hogs. If so a person could have a year round hunt at the chicken ranch. Lot of Californians moving to Texas and they may enjoy hunting chickens at the chicken ranch. :hide:
Are those Californians,getting away from California? Or, are they bringing California to Texas?

They are bringing Californian to Texas , I do not believe Texas will be Texas many more years. Austin is turning to California very quickly. The homeless is taking over downtown with the blessing of the city council and mayor.

while i dont mind Austin being Austin, they have really hurt the downtown area with the new ordinances.

I'd rather be able to hunt the feral Califonians that have come to Texas than the chickens, turkeys or hogs.

Caustic Burno said:
cypressfarms said:
I read where there are 19 BILLION chickens in the world. Only 7 billion humans. That's a lot of chickens!

I like chicken and the egg specially with a little pork lined up with the egg and a cat head.

Cat head Caustic? Care to explain?

Can someone tell me why a very revealing picture of Lynda Carter is staring at me? Wonder Woman!

cypressfarms said:
Caustic Burno said:
cypressfarms said:
I read where there are 19 BILLION chickens in the world. Only 7 billion humans. That's a lot of chickens!

I like chicken and the egg specially with a little pork lined up with the egg and a cat head.

Can someone tell me why a very revealing picture of Lynda Carter is staring at me? Wonder Woman!

Cat head biscuit Crescent Wrench.
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/236141/cathead-biscuits/

Caustic Burno said:
cypressfarms said:
Caustic Burno said:

Cat head biscuit Crescent Wrench.
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/236141/cathead-biscuits/

Now that looks good! For a second, I thought you were getting weird on me

sstterry said:
cypressfarms said:

Are you sure you are from Louisiana?
Cat Head means a biscuit as big as a cat head. None of the namby-pamby tea biscuit stuff.
(BTW... my Dr. told me yesterday I need to lose weight :) )

I have to vouch for Crescent Wrench on the Louisana part.

I wonder if Hawaiians know anything about feral chickens? They sure sell lots of BBQ chicken on roadside stands

Not sure the plan would work. I'd be afraid that the Californians would take one look at your feral chickens and decided they were a rare spotted prairie chickens that needed immediate protection.

Feral chickens (Old English Game ) run wild all over Kauai and they are protected. They walk through open restaurants (hens with chicks, etc). Have to shoo them out of the way when walking into a store.

I'm in the southern Caribbean right now and there are lots of feral chickens. Cocks, hens and chicks in the city, on sidewalks and beside country roads. I think they might make a great game bird. Gun would be unfair.....have to hunt them with a crab net.

Latest posts