Feral chickens

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy43

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 7, 2009
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
2
Location
Central Texas
Using the most hardy breed of chicken, would a chicken go feral like wild turkeys or feral hogs. If so a person could have a year round hunt at the chicken ranch. Lot of Californians moving to Texas and they may enjoy hunting chickens at the chicken ranch. :hide:
 

ALACOWMAN

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 8, 2005
Messages
16,917
Reaction score
18
Location
Alabama the Beautiful
cowboy43 said:
Using the most hardy breed of chicken, would a chicken go feral like wild turkeys or feral hogs. If so a person could have a year round hunt at the chicken ranch. Lot of Californians moving to Texas and they may enjoy hunting chickens at the chicken ranch. :hide:
Are those Californians,getting away from California? Or, are they bringing California to Texas?
 
OP
C

cowboy43

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 7, 2009
Messages
1,942
Reaction score
2
Location
Central Texas
They are bringing Californian to Texas , I do not believe Texas will be Texas many more years. Austin is turning to California very quickly. The homeless is taking over downtown with the blessing of the city council and mayor.
 

papavillars

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 16, 2009
Messages
835
Reaction score
4
Location
dew,texas
while i dont mind Austin being Austin, they have really hurt the downtown area with the new ordinances.
 

greybeard

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 5, 2012
Messages
19,453
Reaction score
228
Location
Cleveland Tx
I'd rather be able to hunt the feral Califonians that have come to Texas than the chickens, turkeys or hogs.

 

cypressfarms

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 5, 2005
Messages
3,470
Reaction score
20
Location
New Roads, LA
Caustic Burno said:
cypressfarms said:
I read where there are 19 BILLION chickens in the world. Only 7 billion humans. That's a lot of chickens!

I like chicken and the egg specially with a little pork lined up with the egg and a cat head.

Cat head Caustic? Care to explain?

Can someone tell me why a very revealing picture of Lynda Carter is staring at me? Wonder Woman!
 

Caustic Burno

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Messages
26,292
Reaction score
765
Location
Big Thicket East Texas
cypressfarms said:
Caustic Burno said:
cypressfarms said:
I read where there are 19 BILLION chickens in the world. Only 7 billion humans. That's a lot of chickens!

I like chicken and the egg specially with a little pork lined up with the egg and a cat head.

Cat head Caustic? Care to explain?

Can someone tell me why a very revealing picture of Lynda Carter is staring at me? Wonder Woman!

Cat head biscuit Crescent Wrench.
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/236141/cathead-biscuits/
 

cypressfarms

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 5, 2005
Messages
3,470
Reaction score
20
Location
New Roads, LA
Caustic Burno said:
cypressfarms said:
Caustic Burno said:
I like chicken and the egg specially with a little pork lined up with the egg and a cat head.

Cat head Caustic? Care to explain?

Can someone tell me why a very revealing picture of Lynda Carter is staring at me? Wonder Woman!

Cat head biscuit Crescent Wrench.
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/236141/cathead-biscuits/

Now that looks good! For a second, I thought you were getting weird on me
 

sstterry

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 8, 2017
Messages
3,433
Reaction score
488
Location
Bulls Gap, TN
cypressfarms said:
Cat head Caustic? Care to explain?

Are you sure you are from Louisiana?
Cat Head means a biscuit as big as a cat head. None of the namby-pamby tea biscuit stuff.
(BTW... my Dr. told me yesterday I need to lose weight :) )
 

Caustic Burno

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 26, 2004
Messages
26,292
Reaction score
765
Location
Big Thicket East Texas
sstterry said:
cypressfarms said:
Cat head Caustic? Care to explain?

Are you sure you are from Louisiana?
Cat Head means a biscuit as big as a cat head. None of the namby-pamby tea biscuit stuff.
(BTW... my Dr. told me yesterday I need to lose weight :) )

I have to vouch for Crescent Wrench on the Louisana part.
 

Alan

Well-known member
Joined
May 9, 2004
Messages
9,514
Reaction score
1
Location
NW Oregon
I wonder if Hawaiians know anything about feral chickens? They sure sell lots of BBQ chicken on roadside stands
 

Little Cow

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
510
Reaction score
0
Location
Florida
Not sure the plan would work. I'd be afraid that the Californians would take one look at your feral chickens and decided they were a rare spotted prairie chickens that needed immediate protection.
 

greybeard

Well-known member
Joined
Jul 5, 2012
Messages
19,453
Reaction score
228
Location
Cleveland Tx
Alan said:
I wonder if Hawaiians know anything about feral chickens? They sure sell lots of BBQ chicken on roadside stands

When they aren't too busy cookin up new Spam dishes..
 

Jeanne - Simme Valley

Well-known member
Joined
Dec 9, 2004
Messages
11,934
Reaction score
560
Location
Central Upstate New York
Feral chickens (Old English Game ) run wild all over Kauai and they are protected. They walk through open restaurants (hens with chicks, etc). Have to shoo them out of the way when walking into a store.
 

KevinN

Active member
Joined
Dec 26, 2019
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
I'm in the southern Caribbean right now and there are lots of feral chickens. Cocks, hens and chicks in the city, on sidewalks and beside country roads. I think they might make a great game bird. Gun would be unfair.....have to hunt them with a crab net.
 

Latest posts

Top