• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Fencing

Help Support CattleToday:

greatgerts

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any companies in MO or IL that put up electric fences, or that could give me a good bid on what it will cost for me to put a whole system up? (I am not very familiar with electric fences and could use all the input I can). Thanks in advance for any replies.
Alan

dun

Reaction score
Get in tough with your local USDA NRCS office. They have cost share money for some fencing projects. They should also have a list of companys that can do the work. They also have a manual that is pretty complete on the hows and wherefors of electric fencing.

dun

TheBullLady

Reaction score
Wow.. your USDA has FENCING assitance available Dun?? That's a new one! Here in Texas it's pretty much waterways, terraces, and 5 and 10 year "programs".

OP
G

greatgerts

Reaction score
Yeah, I have taken the class and everything. Found that the actual FENCING part of the MIG program was the least talked about. The NRCS only had 1 name of someone that puts the system in, and that is why I was asking because with only 1 person to go by, getting a good price is hard to really find.

dun

Reaction score
greatgerts":2w2tb31x said:
Yeah, I have taken the class and everything. Found that the actual FENCING part of the MIG program was the least talked about. The NRCS only had 1 name of someone that puts the system in, and that is why I was asking because with only 1 person to go by, getting a good price is hard to really find.

Next option and probably the best would be to check with neighbors that have had fencing done

dun

A

Anonymous

don't know any local boys but call premier fence in Ia. suppliers of top notch supplies and real helpful, I had a customer wanted alpaca fence-called them and quized a staff member that had lamas(real similar) They might be able to recommend someone 1-800-282-6631, catalog is a home study course by itself. Get kencove's also, 1-800-536-2683 good people also and more price sensitive?

Latest posts