Fencing....

Help Support CattleToday:

> What do all of you use as fencing
> and where do you buy it, do you
> buy quantity for lower costs??
> Just looking for opinions for new
> fencing. Jake

After comparing cost,etc, I decided to go with electric fencing using high tensile steel wire and wooden posts.A tip, use 10 foot posts for your corners, gates,and braces.You don't have to put in as many posts,and this lowers the cost per foot.

> I was talking about feedlot
> fencing.... I don't think I could
> trust a bunch of barn boughten
> calves to stick around with
> high-tensile fencing...

Jake. You put power, 12,000 volts, to that high tensel and the calves will not push it but twice. The first time by accident and the second time to understand it. Go to <A HREF="http://www.pushapost.com" TARGET="_blank">www.pushapost.com</A> and see a simple bracing system that workes great with the high tensel that is easer to use than wooden post.

[email protected]

High tensile electric is the way to go. For areas like you are speaking of, do at least six strands, with battens or stays if posts more than 30 feet apart. Cost per foot is much cheaper, fence lasts a lot longer.

Hey I don't have anything against you. I was just wondering why every time I say something it's like you try to pick on me & every single little thing I say is wrong if it is I'll just shut up. I sorry for whatever I did.
ELLIE MAY

Ellie May":2e5mbixt said:
Hey I don't have anything against you. I was just wondering why every time I say something it's like you try to pick on me & every single little thing I say is wrong if it is I'll just shut up. I sorry for whatever I did.
ELLIE MAY

Barbwire and wood must be the chosen route to go when your corraling rambunctious petting zoo animals.

Ellie May":1hh4tazz said:
Yep your right, it's not the best but it's the least inexpensive. If you know what that word means!

No I can put up miles of electric fence cheaper than building a good barbed wire fence and cresote posts.

I realize the trend of electric or high-tinsle fencing. But what I was really shootin' for was continuous feedlot fencing like that from Linn Post and Pipe or Luco MFG... any thought on good distributors. I'm looking for something that when we run across some money we can rebuild these old broken down lots and have something that will last me til I'm 50-60. Or whenever the posts rot completely out.

Jake":2xk0b9h5 said:
I realize the trend of electric or high-tinsle fencing. But what I was really shootin' for was continuous feedlot fencing like that from Linn Post and Pipe or Luco MFG... any thought on good distributors. I'm looking for something that when we run across some money we can rebuild these old broken down lots and have something that will last me til I'm 50-60. Or whenever the posts rot completely out.

We put up a bunch of Linn Post continous fence last year, it's tough and easy to put up.

BLACKPOWER We put up a bunch of Linn Post continous fence last year said:
We've used Linn Post and Pipe in the Past we have a few allyways of 1.66" continuous fencing plus a pile of catch panels and gates.

Latest posts