Fencing With A Tractor

Help Support CattleToday:

sstterry":19cjpe0h said:
I am a newbie to the Boards, but for unrolling Barbed Wire you can't beat the Easy Fence Tool. My father invented it years ago. Sadly he was run over by a Tractor last month and died. This is not a solicitation because his patent ran out years ago and lots of companies make them now (not as sturdy as the original but cheaper).

Sorry to hear about your dad.

ddd75":1se74fbx said:
sstterry":1se74fbx said:
I am a newbie to the Boards, but for unrolling Barbed Wire you can't beat the Easy Fence Tool. My father invented it years ago. Sadly he was run over by a Tractor last month and died. This is not a solicitation because his patent ran out years ago and lots of companies make them now (not as sturdy as the original but cheaper).

neat story.. sorry about your father.

I use a old push mower handle with a small rebar through the barb wire roll.. that way the barb wire stays on the ground and unrolls itself as you pull. most of the time i just pull it with the atv.
Exact same thing I did, slammed pipe in ground, put roll of wire on it, tied the end of the wire to the ATV rack and drove to the next H Frame and tightened with a come along. Did a mile of fence like this by myself, easiest fence I ever did.

Well I like your ideas but what I do with barb wire is drive a heavy steel bar thru the center of an old broken disc blade turned concave down. Then I just either walk off the wire or on long stretches use the drawback on the tractor. Works fine and is free.

sstterry":21wulesp said:

I have two of them. Great work aide.

Brute 23":y3k9uhb0 said:
I like using the Mule. Its a lot easier to jump in and out of, more nimble, and cheaper to run than the tractor and will hold just as much as the bucket if not more.

But does it have air? :lol: . . . . . . . . .you brimmer pimps aren't quite as soft as some of the rest of us. :lol: :lol:

Ol' 243":1983q8h3 said:
Brute 23":1983q8h3 said:
I like using the Mule. Its a lot easier to jump in and out of, more nimble, and cheaper to run than the tractor and will hold just as much as the bucket if not more.

But does it have air? :lol: . . . . . . . . .you brimmer pimps aren't quite as soft as some of the rest of us. :lol: :lol:

You can get them with air if you want :nod:

Latest posts