Fencing Pictures (lots and lots)

Help Support CattleToday:

randiliana

Reaction score
Or, should I say, pictures I took while we were out fencing. Honest, we did fix fence :nod: , I didn't spend ALL my time taking photos :lol:

Some of the wildlife in the area

These boys were pretty quiet
tn_DSC09471.jpg

This one just hung tight
tn_DSC09473.jpg

And these guys didn't really want their picture taken, doesn't really look like it but they are over 1/4 mile away....
tn_DSC09540.jpg

Oh, look, anyone ever seen one of these before? We have about a million of them if anyone would like some.....?
tn_DSC09505.jpg

Some scenery shots

Anyone up for some fencing, that isn't our fence to worry about thank goodness, there are miles and miles of that sort of fence out here. 2 wires, and 4 out of every 5 posts broken.....But the scenery is pretty nice.
tn_DSC09490.jpg

Some huge, and neat rocks, just sitting on the side of a hill
tn_DSC09521.jpg

tn_DSC09527.jpg

tn_DSC09529.jpg

My dog, dunno how he got into the scenery shots. He is almost mended, but that leg still bothers him....
tn_DSC09531.jpg

Some more of those rocks
tn_DSC09532.jpg

Now, for my favorites, the wild flowers. And there is lots of them. Most of these plants are under 12" in height. A lot don't make 6".

Gumbo Primrose, this is such a gorgeous flower, and it smells nice too. It grows in some of the worst soil on the prairie..
tn_DSC09475.jpg

tn_DSC09476.jpg

Some sort of yellow flower, if I wasn't so lazy I'd look it up for you all.
tn_DSC09482.jpg

Wild Flax
tn_DSC09485.jpg

tn_DSC09486.jpg

A white daisy type flower, as I said above, if I weren't so lazy.....
tn_DSC09488.jpg

Three Flowerd Avens, or Prairie Smoke, or if you want to be technical Geum triflorum....
tn_DSC09491.jpg

tn_DSC09492.jpg

Another yellow flower.....
tn_DSC09495.jpg

tn_DSC09497.jpg

Blue Beardtongue or Penstemon nitidus
tn_DSC09499.jpg

A pretty purple/blue flower. I really like this one.
tn_DSC09503.jpg

tn_DSC09504.jpg

A neat little white flower
tn_DSC09510.jpg

tn_DSC09517.jpg

This one is a little taller....
tn_DSC09538.jpg

And finally, Saline Shooting Star (say that one fast 10 times :banana: )
tn_DSC09544.jpg

tn_DSC09548.jpg

tn_DSC09546.jpg

Wow! That is pretty. So its not always covered in white up there? I was going to post this but I can tell you have already figured it out. The sauna is on high now. Never seen anything like that saline shooting star and no I can't say it twice much less ten times.

Great pics Randi thanks for sharing..Love the deer in the bushes and the gopher( or is it a prairie dog ? ) :)
Hubby asked when we were out one Sunday fencing together if I brought the camera as we saw everything that day but nope the last thing I thought to bring was the new canon rebel. Next time I had better remember it as you just never know when that great shot is going to present itself..

Thank you for the comments.

Joghee, nope, it is not white quite year round up here. We get a breif period of sunburn weather, just to keep us on our toes :lol2:

HD, that is just a plain old gopher or Richardson's Ground Squirrel. I have some for sale (or to give away) if anyone wants......

I have learned the hard way to always take my camera. You never know what you might see, and it is real hard to take photos when the camera is sitting on the kitchen table.....

Latest posts