Fencing at Fire Sweep Simmentals

Help Support CattleToday:

Bright Raven

Reaction score
Work for room and board. Must provide wine in the evening And allow dogs. Prefer Tornado Wire.

In the last few trips out, we have finished a barb wire fence along the frontage of the farm.
Not a perfect fence - has to be Tornado to build a perfect fence and when you are working at the pleasure of a friend, you don't tell them what materials to buy. Used 6 foot T-posts on 12 foot centers stretched between H-Braces of 2 3/4 inch pipe set in plenty of concrete. Used Goucho Bekhert 15.5 gauge.

Stretched with come along with a dog and tied off with golden rod.

2jfzigz.jpg

2vc7vhh.jpg

71o7cm.jpg

ykks3.jpg

Looks good Prince.
I'd like to see a diagonal brace.
And I'd like to see a good masdan comealong and mooremaker dog. Just so you could get a feel some good tools..wink.
Seriously though. Nice fence. If I didn't know better I'd think you were in Texas

callmefence":2iwae0hx said:
Looks good Prince.
I'd like to see a diagonal brace.
And I'd like to see a good masdan comealong and mooremaker dog. Just so you could get a feel some good tools..wink.
Seriously though. Nice fence. If I didn't know better I'd think you were in Texas

Thanks. It would be better if Kris was not so cheap...Lol. plus, my T-Post driver team took a lot of supervision. Found that dog at Southern States. It slips until a barb pulls into the paws. I do have a bigger comealong.

You guys gotta get one of the gas powered t post drivers, I paid 1300 bucks for mine and don't regret it at all.

Fence looks awesome.

Farm Fence Solutions":h0t7h9du said:
Keep it up, and I'll make you a deal on my old post driver. Looking good.

Luke:

From now forward, I will use barb wire gripples to tie off barb wire. The time saved and the wear and tear on your hands makes it a no brainer!

BTW: I ended up with 4 spools of wire with only a few yards on it. With gripples, it is easy to connect to a partial spool. I never splice barb wire. Curious if you do! Or do you use a gripple?
zu322w.jpg

Bright Raven":lpmmyk01 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":lpmmyk01 said:
Keep it up, and I'll make you a deal on my old post driver. Looking good.

Luke:

From now forward, I will use barb wire gripples to tie off barb wire. The time saved and the wear and tear on your hands makes it a no brainer!

BTW: I ended up with 4 spools of wire with only a few yards on it. With gripples, it is easy to connect to a partial spool. I never splice barb wire. Curious if you do! Or do you use a gripple?
zu322w.jpg

It depends on how big of a hurry I'm in. I generally tie a reef knot in barbed, or use a Gripple. The T clip 2's are the bees bolicks for barbed wire.

jehosofat":2bhevtkj said:
You guys gotta get one of the gas powered t post drivers, I paid 1300 bucks for mine and don't regret it at all.

Fence looks awesome.

Speaking of those.....
I can get a dealership with REDI Drivers. Have to buy 3 in the initial order to get the deal. If any of you want in on the other two at cost, let me know.

wbvs58":36ko78m6 said:
Good job Ron, did you weld up the brace in situ or prefab it in the shed then set it in the ground. How did you dig the holes?

Ken

Thanks. The H-Braces come from a metal shop in Springfield. We rented a track drill with an auger attachment to drill the holes. Set the H-Braces and poured concrete around the two end pipes.

Farm Fence Solutions":26tnb7yd said:
jehosofat":26tnb7yd said:

Fence looks awesome.

Speaking of those.....
I can get a dealership with REDI Drivers. Have to buy 3 in the initial order to get the deal. If any of you want in on the other two at cost, let me know.

There has to be at least two other smart fellas on these boards, best thing I have bought in a long time. If you have someone to stand em up for ya, you can put a lot of t post in real quickly with little to no effort.

Latest posts