Fence wire rats nest

Help Support CattleToday:

Craig Miller":utc3fxvw said:
Dave":utc3fxvw said:
On the ranch I am buying there is a pile of old barb wire stacked in the machine shed. I really hope they clean it out before they leave. The really funny part is that I can see several rolls of new wire buried back behind all that old wire. Can't get to the fuel tanks either because of this old wire. Makes no sense to me. Why would you coil up old barb wire and then stack inside.

I see rolls of old barb for sale around for hobby. People make wreaths and such out of it. So you may be on a gold mine there

I was down there on Tuesday. He had the wire and other scrap metal loaded up and was taking it to "the recycle". I was happy to see it leaving.
There are literally gold mines both up and down stream from this place so I might be buying a gold mine. A year or two ago when those idiots from Gold Rush were mining in Oregon it wasn't very farm from this ranch. Just upstream a few miles. One way to make a profit ranching ..... find gold in the creek.

We have a neighbor that has scrap cars, we stuff it into an old car that'll get crushed.

Greybeard, oxy bottles make awesome redneck wind chimes!

Nesikep":2fioiqae said:
We have a neighbor that has scrap cars, we stuff it into an old car that'll get crushed.

I don't have a tree left with limbs big enough to hang them from....

Here in Ky we have a lot of sink holes. I'm sure some you saw the one on the news that ate the Corvette Museum. I here that folks put old wire into them on there farms.

Nesikep":3jw62717 said:

We do the same thing. Shove it inside something like a 55 gallon barrel, fuel tank, car, etc.

littletom":1se7kol4 said:
Here in Ky we have a lot of sink holes. I'm sure some you saw the one on the news that ate the Corvette Museum. I here that folks put old wire into them on there farms.

saw it. that was heartbreaking for any gearhead, and more so since some of the cars were loaned to the museum..

Latest posts