Fence Row Spraying

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Hello out there,<br> I was told by a friend that a farmer in my county purchased a chemical that when sprayed on a fence row would control broad-leaves for five years. The chemical claim is that it migrates two feet on either side of the fence controlling the weeds.I am interested in finding this chemical but I don't even know its name. Can anyone help. Thanks, Marc
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

Hi, Marc!<p>There are many combinations that can be used, but I've never heard of any that control for 5 years! Now I suspect if you spray well for a year or two that you may be able to skip a couple of years without heavy or rank growth!<p>I use Round Up Ultra which kills both woody plants and grasses/broad leaves! Cleans a fence real well. <p>I understand but haven't used a mix of Grazon P & G with a little Remedy. Grazon gets your Broadleaf weeds and Remedy gives coverage for your briars and saplings! I would guess the first year you may need two treatments. After that I would think once a year would be plenty.<p>I use Round Up under my electric fences!<p>For more and better information for your part of the county try your local County Extension Agent or find out if your area has a Area Livestock Agent! These men or women can help or get you to the right person.<p><p>: Hello out there,<br>: I was told by a friend that a farmer in my county purchased a chemical that when sprayed on a fence row would control broad-leaves for five years. The chemical claim is that it migrates two feet on either side of the fence controlling the weeds.I am interested in finding this chemical but I don't even know its name. Can anyone help. Thanks, Marc<p>
<br>

[email protected]

Phil Thanks for your response. First off, I agree with everything that you use. You see I am a commercial applicator for hire in Virginia. I am familiar with everything that you listed. However, I am always looking for something new and better. I think that this chemical is out there and I would like to find it. Again thanks, Marc
<br>

[email protected]

<br>: Phil Thanks for your response. First off, I agree with everything that you use. You see I am a commercial applicator for hire in Virginia. I am familiar with everything that you listed. However, I am always looking for something new and better. I think that this chemical is out there and I would like to find it. Again thanks, Marc<p>I think the product you are referring to is primitol. It is a temporary soil sterilant. You have to be really careful using this because if applied near the drip line of any desireable plant, example trees, it will kill them. Tordon contains the active ingredient picloram, which use to be Grazon P plus D, the P stands for picloram and it persists in the soil also. Works great on prickly pears and broadleaf weeds. I would stay away from using any soil sterilant because there are better and safer product alternatives. They all work, one just has to select the right product for the situation in which they will be used,<br>
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts