fence questions...

Help Support CattleToday:

The CFS is always a real steak, but the all you can eat is pre-breaded frozen according to the waitress
or the server brings it out hanging off the plate but it's almost all batter and there's only about four bites of actual meat hidden somewhere in the middle.
(cooking tip#1) That, is caused by the cook not patting the meat dry before dipping it in the batter.
The liquid on the outside of the steak, turns to steam which expands the batter out way beyond the size of the meat. Waitresses are always surprised when I tell them I want my CFS cooked med rare. It may just be a chicken fried steak but it's still a steak and I want it cooked as such. No dried out, crunchy CFS for me.
. That paper menu is just the daily special that changes each day of the week. The other full menu is underneath it and the CFS on it is 'fresh', larger and $1 more. The catfish is hit or miss. Some days, ok, others not quite done, other days, too well done.

The only downside to me eating there is trying to stay within my low carb diet. They really push them mashed potatoes or french fries and being diabetic, I try to avoid em. They have great coffee tho and never let ya run out.

I have lots of cedar as big as that. I'd like it all removed, too. I have some that will push the 4 and 5 foot diameter range, too. Many are straight and tall. Most are 12' straight up before it splits, some go to 20'. Here's some examples

y4mfNtSeYekOKPjKbEaQLYdJCg9MOUS95YgbNwulOuCHSjuwJkq4pK1GT5mAMrWMzyxKHBhKCYlx1LPbcTi7OtXbZzgpqRg9MduMT4FzHxoruvmEUCmG_fkKR83ofl983w_2Pg55Z12b60YyL2flP64B7v0UXLLKzJu2PKZ8fKoZxvoIwojnc4S5aDklu8yCVqd

Dogs are for size reference. The one on the log is 50 pounds the one on the ground is almost 60 pounds.

y4m8J9oPJgFMe31GGn8WEwymvlbtLs9Jf3uCmLzf_dd5hTOjfA0apzWJ4DNmPjJ5F_iLfUj3E8Nql5qZ0AlSYEYJCpxC8gCDUhx3oxhLqKHi9kSpJxC3QWX74StOIxNa0zrc1uCwJ6feYM6GjHG77klwRNcqm9jUyf55gIBoVFE9aX70U0LwA9fkdb3CbEXwuyn

Same log, 14' long.

y4meBq8Ssl-fnx7UotjOtwgK1bKeR5ZlUlwMNTt6lvkiWNbGomTEeJEC4IDZqscXiy3KGUJs99Uz1_2SRSdzHFupVctZyKnVNhsnwyKrSu9rAMcJu_K5tQcOmi37mNFo8s04agv1uLM8p2QwUIEMvCdOgM4gAmZRpVFiT914KD-9gZdvvwbcwSxa5_YYPzSJuJO

That one to the right is it in the shadows is about 5-6' in diameter.

I'd give it all away to anyone who wants to help me cut them down.
Blue Lacey dogs ?

I have lots of cedar as big as that. I'd like it all removed, too. I have some that will push the 4 and 5 foot diameter range, too. Many are straight and tall. Most are 12' straight up before it splits, some go to 20'. Here's some examples

y4mfNtSeYekOKPjKbEaQLYdJCg9MOUS95YgbNwulOuCHSjuwJkq4pK1GT5mAMrWMzyxKHBhKCYlx1LPbcTi7OtXbZzgpqRg9MduMT4FzHxoruvmEUCmG_fkKR83ofl983w_2Pg55Z12b60YyL2flP64B7v0UXLLKzJu2PKZ8fKoZxvoIwojnc4S5aDklu8yCVqd

Dogs are for size reference. The one on the log is 50 pounds the one on the ground is almost 60 pounds.

y4m8J9oPJgFMe31GGn8WEwymvlbtLs9Jf3uCmLzf_dd5hTOjfA0apzWJ4DNmPjJ5F_iLfUj3E8Nql5qZ0AlSYEYJCpxC8gCDUhx3oxhLqKHi9kSpJxC3QWX74StOIxNa0zrc1uCwJ6feYM6GjHG77klwRNcqm9jUyf55gIBoVFE9aX70U0LwA9fkdb3CbEXwuyn

Same log, 14' long.

y4meBq8Ssl-fnx7UotjOtwgK1bKeR5ZlUlwMNTt6lvkiWNbGomTEeJEC4IDZqscXiy3KGUJs99Uz1_2SRSdzHFupVctZyKnVNhsnwyKrSu9rAMcJu_K5tQcOmi37mNFo8s04agv1uLM8p2QwUIEMvCdOgM4gAmZRpVFiT914KD-9gZdvvwbcwSxa5_YYPzSJuJO

That one to the right is it in the shadows is about 5-6' in diameter.

I'd give it all away to anyone who wants to help me cut them down.
You'll need to find someone that mills and builds with cedar.
Cutting down the cedars (like yours) are incredible easy 3 to 4 minutes to drop them... what you do with them to get rid of them is the difficult part.
Cutting them in move-able lengths is easy.....stacking them tightly upwards to the sky is a bit more difficult and time consuming.
If you're able to burn them next year in piles that would be ideal.
I'm not a big fan of cedars they are a nuisance tree. Leave a few for cattle clean-scratching and shade.
I cut and remove them before they get knee high.

@callmefence Curious, how tight do you pull wire when working with ground that has numerous draws/swells? Also, what do you recommend putting in the draws to keep the wire from pulling the t-posts out of the ground? I normally hang heavy rock secured to the t-posts, but thinking there might be a better way.

He's my fence checker. If a hundred pound dog goes through or under, that means I have work to do.
View attachment 23886

He must've snagged his privates because he doesn't care to chase the squirrel with the other dogs now.View attachment 23887
To each his own but I think you will find there is more appropriate material than barb wire for a dog fence.
I assume you left the tree in the corner for the dog's convenience?
Fence may be able to help you with a dachshund attachment should the need arise.

Hey, I'm headed out to Round Rock New Year's weekend to go to a party and pick up a slaughter goat. Want me to drop in? I'd probably have the wife and kids with. Couldn't stay long.
you are welcome here until you aint..i would offer to put you up for the night, not sure ill have room as we,ll have some family here. but we can always make something work. come on by and join us. 254258-9868

@callmefence Curious, how tight do you pull wire when working with ground that has numerous draws/swells? Also, what do you recommend putting in the draws to keep the wire from pulling the t-posts out of the ground? I normally hang heavy rock secured to the t-posts, but thinking there might be a better way.
#1 is i try to space my pipe stiffner post to land in the low spots so they act as deadmen. longer tpost in the low spots can help as well. ill stretch the wire just as tight to get the stretch out of it. instead of going ahead and making it off ill then back off on it just enough and tie the low spots. on a sure enough valley you have to bite the bullet and build a brace in the bottom and go ahead and break the wire and make two pulls.

you are welcome here until you aint..i would offer to put you up for the night, not sure ill have room as we,ll have some family here. but we can always make something work. come on by and join us. 254258-9868
If I even can, it'll be touch and go. But you also are within my route distance for the outfit I just hired on with.

Latest posts