fence questions...

Help Support CattleToday:

Lol.
Lots of various types of country right here in the edge of the balconies. But between cove and Austin is me. If they're from here and ranch. I might know em.
They don't really ranch so much as just run a little place big enough to have their own meat. You likely don't know them or they'd have a better fence.

You sure have a lot of stop's 50 . ...you a Amazon man. ??
Lmao, man I wish your area was on my routes. I have, at one point, been paid to come out there. I mostly wander out your way for the sport of it. It's beautiful country.

I spent two weeks out there this summer. If you eat at Lil Tex very much then you saw me.

Lmao, man I wish your area was on my routes. I have, at one point, been paid to come out there. I mostly wander out your way for the sport of it. It's beautiful country.

I spent two weeks out there this summer. If you eat at Lil Tex very much then you saw me.
I used to eat at Lil tex very regularly. It's been closed to 20 year's since I've been in there. We lived in a little rock house on the old Binion ranch at the time Between boys ranch Rd and oakalla road. Near Where all the counties come together.
We had a Killeen address a copperas cove phone number and the kids went to school in lampasas. @greybeard is keeping copperas cove in line these days.

If you walk around with a deer on your back like in your avatar that wouldn't draw a second look in the Lil tex. Lol

At least not back in the day...
Nah, but I think I looked different enough to at least be made notice of.

It's unbelievable
I could sell a little land and never work another day. Decided I'd rather work.
You ain't lying. Most of my land is in another state, and with TX going like it is, I may soon cut and run.

Wow those are some crappy braces. I see allot of people build the cross section short like that and they never last. The specs I've seen all say make the cross bracing 1.5 time the height of the fence. How deep is proper depth in your area? Here we have to go at least 52". I usually drive mine 58" just because of how the pipe cuts work out.

Nope I always cut my timber around lampasas and lometa and sold to Myers .the original cedar yard. If you haven't read the book cedar chopper. Life on the edge of nowhere. Good read. The guys up there in the nw big timber country think they're tough I'd like to see them in a cedar break come august.
How ya like this cedar ol' son?

Attachments

• 20221206_155347.jpg
    20221206_155347.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 26
What is that you threw up there?
Aluminum surveying/landscaping pole.

Look, pard, it's a grower, not a shower.

Not my yard, on some family property. I will not dare lay claim. Ain't too much big timber on this place, what there is that's big has survived since 1890's-1900's settlement or not long after. This is that family member's place he wants to make into a ranch again.

Attachments

• 20221206_163648.jpg
    20221206_163648.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 15

Latest posts