fence line: clear it or bull-doze it?

Help Support CattleToday:

Quick update. I'm clearing about 100 ft/hr with chainsaw/hand tools. Finding some nice but gnarly limestone terrain. Only 3100 more feet to go! Thanks for the comments.

Good to hear. I hope the weather is helping ya.

How's the fence underneath looking? Is just BW or do you have some woven in there too?

I Wanted to build a good property fence that is grown up in trees and brush I was going to doze it clean, but the neighbor does not want any trees or brush cut on his side, that means hand cleaning and cutting to the wire, nothing on his side. Going to make hard to only work on one side of the fence. Law states only overhanging limbs can be trimmed. Luckily it is only 750 ft. He is not the best neighbor to have , all costs are on me, no help from him.

This farm was in the same shape 5 years ago, and I had in my head that it was almost impossible to do anything with the existing fence, but I suppose I had it pictured a little fancier than it needed to be. My brother suggested we just get a chainsaw, elbow grease, and roundup. It's nothing that I would put on the cover of Progressive Farmer, but it keeps the cows in, so that's all i care about.

Latest posts