Fence knots.

Help Support CattleToday:

This is probably knot what you are after, but could someone identify this wire? I've never seen it before. Found it in the hills of SW Indiana.

callmefence":25k9osrb said:
Farm Fence Solutions":25k9osrb said:
This is probably knot what you are after, but could someone identify this wire? I've never seen it before. Found it in the hills of SW Indiana.

could you save me a piece of that?
I swap you something.

Yes sir

Those really are some nice looking knots, but how do you quickly put the Golden Rod on, undo the splice, tighten and re-tie? I suppose you don't because you are using gripples and such? Also, the rule here is two wraps at a strain brace and don't you dare put a staple there lol

Silver":2z2d1fb7 said:
Those really are some nice looking knots, but how do you quickly put the Golden Rod on, undo the splice, tighten and re-tie? I suppose you don't because you are using gripples and such? Also, the rule here is two wraps at a strain brace and don't you dare put a staple there lol

Not quite sure who your addressing silver.
I don't understand your question on the goldenrod? I agree on the double wrap and it's there on my knots. My knots are examples of knots on low tensile wire and are gripple free.. They do not work well on high tensile wire. I posted it primarily in response to fenceIt's statement that knots where becoming a lost art. And I agree...I'm a big fan of the gripple but we take pride in what we can do with our pliers and don't plan on forgetting how. The original fenceman had spent a good bit of time working on videos showing how to do these knots when he was banned for his small political statement... : 8)

Reef knot. I'll put it against anything for a splice/join knot for speed, and efficacy. This one is HT, but works great in low carbon too. As far as the politics go, this knot would be fine to choke out politicians.....left or right.

Farm Fence Solutions":1eozd32o said:

Reef knot. I'll put it against anything for a splice/join knot for speed, and efficacy. This one is HT, but works great in low carbon too. As far as the politics go, this knot would be fine to choke out politicians.....left or right.
Works great on cable also we use that knot all the time when we don't have the time to splice and or crimp.

Farm Fence Solutions":25u64uf7 said:

Looks like a good place for a gripple......

greybeard":2xedntwe said:
Farm Fence Solutions":2xedntwe said:

Looks like a good place for a gripple......

Yes sir. No reason to argue with that. :cboy:

Farm Fence Solutions":1rgt8162 said:

Farm fence...you hang suspended ceilings in a former life..... :D

1982vett":waiqb0t9 said:
Farm Fence Solutions":waiqb0t9 said:

Farm fence...you hang suspended ceilings in a former life..... :D

No, but if I had, it'd have been with Gripples! :D

callmefence":3jmad9ib said:
Silver":3jmad9ib said:

I don't understand your question on the goldenrod? I agree on the double wrap and it's there on my knots. My knots are examples of knots on low tensile wire and are gripple free.. They do not work well on high tensile wire. I posted it primarily in response to fenceIt's statement that knots where becoming a lost art. And I agree...I'm a big fan of the gripple but we take pride in what we can do with our pliers and don't plan on forgetting how. The original fenceman had spent a good bit of time working on videos showing how to do these knots when he was banned for his small political statement... : 8)
not that it matters on this issue but I one hiilbillyhammer being of sound mind and body "throwed in" in agreement on the political views of the aforementioned original fenceman on the very thread (deleted) that may have caused his demise. Then subsequently submitted the best new handle for what the new (if) returned fenceman should be named. Acknowledged only by one Tennessee Tuxedo. I would post a link if I knew how. Subject Fenceman by Ez14

hillbillyhammer":3sbebw1s said:
callmefence":3sbebw1s said:
Silver":3sbebw1s said:

not that it matters on this issue but I one hiilbillyhammer being of sound mind and body "throwed in" in agreement on the political views of the aforementioned original fenceman on the very thread (deleted) that may have caused his demise. Then subsequently submitted the best new handle for what the new (if) returned fenceman should be named. Acknowledged only by one Tennessee Tuxedo. I would post a link if I knew how. Subject Fenceman by Ez14

Well if tux was involved....let me guess
1 post pounder
2.fence post
3. Poundspostwithhishead

hillbillyhammer":pfj8bj5k said:
callmefence":pfj8bj5k said:
Silver":pfj8bj5k said:

Found it..... :lol2: :clap:
I went ahead and voted while I was there.

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=102675&hilit=Fenceman&start=60

callmefence":i9nmsw7x said:
hillbillyhammer":i9nmsw7x said:
callmefence":i9nmsw7x said:

http://www.cattletoday.com/forum/viewto ... n&start=60

Fence, you need to join the Tornado fencers forum. Nobody has ever even been given a warning point, let alone banned. I think you could be just the influence they are looking for!

Farm Fence Solutions":2dqgwiw9 said:

This is the only knot I know, and subsequently the only knot I use. Before I discovered ferrules, it was the only knot I could remotely get tight enough in my goldenrod, but not to guy enough to suit me when I let off the slack.

Farm Fence Solutions":3p23o2p3 said:
callmefence":3p23o2p3 said:
hillbillyhammer":3p23o2p3 said:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=102675&hilit=Fenceman&start=60

Fence, you need to join the Tornado fencers forum. Nobody has ever even been given a warning point, let alone banned. I think you could be just the influence they are looking for!

Well they let me in. I told em you sent me..... :D

Latest posts