Fence Energizer

Help Support CattleToday:

1wlimo

Reaction score
Any one used a "cyclops" brand? They are US built and way cheaper than "speedrite". Using Parmark now with 6J, but in the cold the snow is too insulating so looking at a 20J unit that is 12 volt.

1wlimo":25mdjmkt said:
Any one used a "cyclops" brand? They are US built and way cheaper than "speedrite". Using Parmark now with 6J, but in the cold the snow is too insulating so looking at a 20J unit that is 12 volt.

I think they are the best chargers made . I have a couple of them

M-5":1awzfto0 said:
1wlimo":1awzfto0 said:

Thanks M-5

1wlimo":2544yxev said:
M-5":2544yxev said:
1wlimo":2544yxev said:

Thanks M-5

your welcome , Order a pack of each fuse and its likely that will be the only issue you will have. I have one that is about 10yrs old and the other one is 5 yrs or so. I had to take one to the shop once and it was a simple repair any other issues was blown fuses after a severe thunderstorm

M-5, how well do they work burning through the weeds. Been eyeing up that Master for 6 months now.

bball":25qfyuls said:
M-5, how well do they work burning through the weeds. Been eyeing up that Master for 6 months now.

IMO it does a good job . I have several runs that go thru the woods and this time of the year there will be wild rye that is as tall as the 3rd strand . I do not spray it and when i turn these sections on in a couple days it has killed anything that is touching it. It does not pop the weeds like old international does. its also has very little loss of volts from weeds and grass. i also have a old parmak that has been plugged in for 3 years and still going strong. I also have another parmak that i cant keep working so My backup is an old international.

Gallagher M300 is our go to charger here. 6 or 7000 volts consistently. Its a middle of the line energizer, rarely do we set up properties large enough to need a bigger one. We always tell people spray to keep the brush and grass off the fence, helps alot with keeping the fence hot and in good shape.

fence_it":25ypeuno said:
Gallagher M300 is our go to charger here. 6 or 7000 volts consistently. Its a middle of the line energizer, rarely do we set up properties large enough to need a bigger one. We always tell people spray to keep the brush and grass off the fence, helps alot with keeping the fence hot and in good shape.

Always used to go to Gallagher, but have one here now that keeps having issues. There was a parmark here that was older and runs well so I tried a couple of newer ones. They work really well, but the snow is being a problem.

Never really had a problem with long grass or weeds, animals normally eat it down out of the way. But then I am only running one wire these days so that helps a lot.

1wlimo":gmbdkqfs said:

I have 3 of them and recommend them 110%. Have tried almost every type over the years and now will not own another brand. These are solar charged battery boxes. Only exception in my opinion is the AC units which we use Parmarks which are much cheaper and I have found work well enough with digital read out on front for AC units but battery\solar Taylor brand is the only way to go.

1wlimo":6ll3gndg said:
Always used to go to Gallagher, but have one here now that keeps having issues. There was a parmark here that was older and runs well so I tried a couple of newer ones. They work really well, but the snow is being a problem.

What is your method for holding calves in packed snow?

Stocker Steve":3ci0yjds said:
1wlimo":3ci0yjds said:

What is your method for holding calves in packed snow?

Unpacked snow, trees and lots of feed. How ever as with all plans seem the cows figured there was better feed with them and they walked over the barbed fence on one boudry to mix them selves up. Electric with a good shock works, may need an earth wire running six inches below the live to get a shock.

How does the cyclops chargers perform when it is dry, drought kind of dry? I need a charger that can be counted on when it is really dry.

I thought I had a stretch of fence disconnected from my Parmak solar charger that was broke and tied off to the barbwire fence but I didn't. The meter on the charger was pegged out in the green the whole time.

I haven't had any issues with them when it's dry '16 was the drowsy it's been here in 50 years, I have 2 solar and 3 AC Cyclops and they didn't have any issues but I have the recommended ground rods installed.

I agree that Cyclops are the best we have ever used.

Have a couple Taylor cyclops and very happy with them we have dealer 25 miles from me so that helps to

A local business carries parts for Zarebas so that is what I have. I bought some really cheap on Ebay in not working condition. Usually less than $40 in parts fixed them, so I probably have about ten of them and parts laid up to repair if needed. Currently have two 100 mile and a 50 mile in service. The cattle do respect them as do I also.

Cyclops
Have a 110 volt at one place for 8 years, never had it off the wall. 10 joule, fences all over 160 acres, my cow leaser said it was 10 to 11,000 volts everywhere.
8 joule, battery operated, with 60 watt solar panel, at summer pastures,
Fuses are a problem, seems like I go thru a lot of them.
Sent to be fixed twice, in 10ish years. 25 dollars both times so not much wrong. Always got it back in a week.
Question, should I bring in the solar panels in the winter if not using them. Will it extend their life.
Gs

1wlimo":12dkq28v said:
M-5":12dkq28v said:
1wlimo":12dkq28v said:

Thanks M-5

I own another one as of today. I had a Parmak on a short run of temp fence and yesterday morning calves were out . It was a good one but it is completely fried. went to my back up parmak -it wouldnt work. Drug out one of the old internationals it would read 8 volts but not pop , finally just moved cyclops over to that fence and bought a new cyclops this morning took parmak to jeffers for repair and bought a new popper for the international super 98 . while searching online I found that ZAREBA makes a control module that fits the old international super 100 I have . so hopefully all my backups will be working soon ,

My only question, does it have a remote to shut the fence off like my speed rite? I can't live without the handiness of being able to shut the fence off and on from anywhere?

Latest posts