fence chargers

Help Support CattleToday:

RICHARDL":1vw2pb7w said:
Yes, 50 dollar range according to there web site. i think i was a 10 mile charger. i'm going to look at them in the store today. to see for sure :cowboy:

Hehe!

Read your original post again.

I thought you were saying you were paying 50 bucks for ground rods.

My mistake

Bez+

Bez+":2ql4ov0k said:
RICHARDL":2ql4ov0k said:
Yes, 50 dollar range according to there web site. i think i was a 10 mile charger. i'm going to look at them in the store today. to see for sure :cowboy:

Hehe!

Read your original post again.

I thought you were saying you were paying 50 bucks for ground rods.

My mistake

Bez+
Main thing to remember is look at the Joules
look at http://www.powerflexfence.com

Well i'm sure that isn't far off either. I'm only using 1- 8' copper 1/2" rod right now. :cowboy: i'm thinkin it could be most of my problem. might add another rod to see. Live & learn

RICHARDL":cmk7brze said:
Well i'm sure that isn't far off either. I'm only using 1- 8' copper 1/2" rod right now. :cowboy: i'm thinkin it could be most of my problem. might add another rod to see. Live & learn
I use 1 ground rod for every joule our charger is,

I also hook my ground to the middle wire on a 3 strand fence and it is connected to the steel corner post and it seems to work better that way the fence is grounded when the weather gets dry and the cows don't make a ground with their hoofs it will still shock them

I only insolate the wires that I think I will want hot at one point and time. I use the tube insulators until I hit the corners.

There are a lot of grounded top wires around me because of lightning. I ground all non hot wires. I bond them together at all the corners with ground rods and at the gates. I think it's more fun to see the calves with the hot wire on the top of there neck and a ground on the bottom. They jump higher and help them to remember when it comes to the temp fences. But this dose lead to problems with wet weeds some times.

mobgrazer":26dzuy2r said:
I only insolate the wires that I think I will want hot at one point and time. I use the tube insulators until I hit the corners.

There are a lot of grounded top wires around me because of lightning. I ground all non hot wires. I bond them together at all the corners with ground rods and at the gates. I think it's more fun to see the calves with the hot wire on the top of there neck and a ground on the bottom. They jump higher and help them to remember when it comes to the temp fences. But this dose lead to problems with wet weeds some times.
I forgot to add all my electric fences are permanent so I would do things differently if it was a temp fence

Toby L.":2i25j7ug said:
When everyone says the grounds are hooked up to the non hot lines, are those lines attached to the post with insulators or just wired on.

Only my hot lines are insulated. All other lines stapled direct,bonded to charger and I run ground rods off them in the corners.