Females

Help Support CattleToday:

Cross breeder #1

Reaction score
What do you guys think is the best cross for your mother cows? i think baldies balancers or simangus are the best, whats your opinion

Polled Herefford Gelbvieh, Gelbvieh Red Angus, Red Angus SImmenthal, although Polled Hereford Red Angus ain;t too shabby either.

It depends on where you are located. Those in the south need a little ear on their cattle. I mostly use simm/Angus but I often think a touch of Galloway wouldn't hurt things. Wet and cold all winter, more hair is good.

some of the best crosses are all half angus because they are good but by crossing them with somthing else to make them more profitable is where the money is

Hereford over Red Angus or Hereford over Black Angus will always be my favorite maternal crosses, followed closely by Gelbvieh over Angus or Red Angus. For my location those crosses work great.

Dave":233c1boz said:
It depends on where you are located. Those in the south need a little ear on their cattle. I mostly use simm/Angus but I often think a touch of Galloway wouldn't hurt things. Wet and cold all winter, more hair is good.

I like the way you are thinking Dave. :tiphat:

Latest posts