Feltons Lexus 235

Help Support CattleToday:

KNERSIE":8ux108cx said:
Curious if anyone has more info on him. Great looking bull, I am just wondering why he hasn't become better known and as popular as the Feltons bulls of the same era.

As far as I can see I find nothing obvious, any ideas?

http://www.reedent.com/reedent/cattle/f ... ns235.html

His sire has a 6.9 frame and he has a 6.3 frame. Isn't this enough to disqualify him for your environment or are you trying to increase frame size? He looks pretty good to me. I would have to say the weakest link may be risk associated with future calving difficulty as reflected in his sire's CE and MCE EPD numbers.

I've always like the bull. Innisfail Farm had some good information of him on their old site, but its down but looks like they are getting another http://innisfailfarm.com/ . He doesn't have many calves registered in the US which made me wonder as well.

Here is a picture of his dam:

CPL":2489csyb said:
I've always like the bull. Innisfail Farm had some good information of him on their old site, but its down but looks like they are getting another http://innisfailfarm.com/ . He doesn't have many calves registered in the US which made me wonder as well.

Here is a picture of his dam:

I visited their site today looking for the pics of the 434 daughters only to find they are under construction.

Phenotypically he is very hard to fault, I wonder whether he wasn't just too moderate for his era and subsequebtly disappeared in the woodwork

HerefordSire":4zl7pxqb said:
KNERSIE":4zl7pxqb said:
Curious if anyone has more info on him. Great looking bull, I am just wondering why he hasn't become better known and as popular as the Feltons bulls of the same era.

As far as I can see I find nothing obvious, any ideas?

http://www.reedent.com/reedent/cattle/f ... ns235.html

His sire has a 6.9 frame and he has a 6.3 frame. Isn't this enough to disqualify him for your environment or are you trying to increase frame size? He looks pretty good to me. I would have to say the weakest link may be risk associated with future calving difficulty as reflected in his sire's CE and MCE EPD numbers.

Not trying to increase frame, actually I'm looking for unique outcross genetics to be used terminally, ie sell all the offspring to other breeders because the outcross pedigree compared to other SA genetics and more recently imported genetics. My registered herd is up to the size I want them so I have females to spare for experimentation. I was actually looking up other bulls that showed up in pedigrees I looked over for another board member when I found him again.

I have always been keen on the Feltons lines, but they typically lack the pigment and eyeset I want. I also need to stay true to type and won't just use any old bull with good numbers and pigment.

There is just about no accuracy on the CE dir and CE mat EPDs so not sure that played to big a role.

Dan, you seems to be a very competent searcher, what can you find out about Cairns Impact beef 19Y, for me please? i can't find much, not even a photo.

Dan, you seems to be a very competent searcher, what can you find out about Cairns Impact beef 19Y, for me please? i can't find much, not even a photo.

The bull you are interested in is linebred 19Y which is also linebred by Graystone Trustee whose cornerstone genetics appear to be Anxiety the 4th with a small amount of Rollo and Victor. I can not easily find a photo. I will see what I can find out. The best avenue may be to call Matt Felton.

HerefordSire":3gk088ua said:

The bull you are interested in is linebred 19Y which is also linebred by Graystone Trustee whose cornerstone genetics appear to be Anxiety the 4th with a small amount of Rollo and Victor. I can not easily find a photo. I will see what I can find out. The best avenue may be to call Matt Felton.

You may want to ask Tom Underwood as a search showed he is an owner of a Felton cow with similar ancestry including 19Y. He would probably know.