Feltons 517

Help Support CattleToday:

redfornow":31hdk3mv said:
rocket2222":31hdk3mv said:
HS,

Thanks you are correct.

Most days I think much more quickly than I type.

That isnt hard as I am a very poor typist.

And do no spellchecking for your pleasure.....

MD

I think my problem is I don't think before I type, I guess that why my post don't make much sense.
I'd love to have a spellchecker [I can't spell either] maybe theres one on here but I don't no how to use it :?:

Rocket

for what its worth your posts make sense to me.
I have gathered some info and enjoyed em for the most part.

MD

ps yes spell check would help many of us :roll:

I was hoping somebody would feel sorry for me and say, look idiot if press this key then this key, theres your spellchecker :)
I guess not.

rocket2222":3pw3vsb6 said:
HerefordSire":3pw3vsb6 said:
rocket2222":3pw3vsb6 said:
Longevity is a important trait

I was really talking about it from a bull/semen piont of view. A bull born in 1990 and being used today. Most of them are hot for a year or two, then there gone, usually when they find out thier calves ain't worth a hoot. Should not have used the word "trait". On the other hand, I don't see anything wrong with a 10/12 year old cow, if she still as a good udder and has GOOD calves, Epd's may not be up like todays numbers are, but I can sell a "good" calf with middle of the road numbers [epd's] a whole lot easier than I can sell a middle of the road calf with good numbers. Seems like I read alittle while back they [aha] were working on a longevity epd.

I bolded your text above.

After researching Feltons 517's family tree, I located the following two ancestors:

Prospector 0716, born 1970, 36% inbred.
Prospector 7558, born 1967, 40% inbred.

These bulls showed up several times in 517's pedigree. I can do the same thing. Son outperformed father, father outperformed grandfather, grandfather outperformed great-grandfather, great grandfather outperformed great great grandfather, etc.

Gee, a kid can see that trend line by connecting the lower dots with the other low dots and the higher dots with the other high dots. This becomes the channel. I am gonna ride the channel. Guess which way the channel is pointing?

Just remember Frank Felton raised cattle for over 30 years before he got ONE, thats ONE, Feltons 517. Hey, it can be done. Good luck.
Lets also not forget about Feltons Domino 774.

THG

THG":311lnacp said:
rocket2222":311lnacp said:
HerefordSire":311lnacp said:
rocket2222":311lnacp said:

I was really talking about it from a bull/semen piont of view. A bull born in 1990 and being used today. Most of them are hot for a year or two, then there gone, usually when they find out thier calves ain't worth a hoot. Should not have used the word "trait". On the other hand, I don't see anything wrong with a 10/12 year old cow, if she still as a good udder and has GOOD calves, Epd's may not be up like todays numbers are, but I can sell a "good" calf with middle of the road numbers [epd's] a whole lot easier than I can sell a middle of the road calf with good numbers. Seems like I read alittle while back they [aha] were working on a longevity epd.

After researching Feltons 517's family tree, I located the following two ancestors:

These bulls showed up several times in 517's pedigree. I can do the same thing. Son outperformed father, father outperformed grandfather, grandfather outperformed great-grandfather, great grandfather outperformed great great grandfather, etc.

Gee, a kid can see that trend line by connecting the lower dots with the other low dots and the higher dots with the other high dots. This becomes the channel. I am gonna ride the channel. Guess which way the channel is pointing?

Just remember Frank Felton raised cattle for over 30 years before he got ONE, thats ONE, Feltons 517. Hey, it can be done. Good luck.

THG

Thought you did not like him due to Titian?

rocket2222":1coloow6 said:
redfornow":1coloow6 said:
rocket2222":1coloow6 said:
HS,

Thanks you are correct.

Most days I think much more quickly than I type.

That isnt hard as I am a very poor typist.

And do no spellchecking for your pleasure.....

MD

I think my problem is I don't think before I type, I guess that why my post don't make much sense.
I'd love to have a spellchecker [I can't spell either] maybe theres one on here but I don't no how to use it :?:

Rocket

for what its worth your posts make sense to me.
I have gathered some info and enjoyed em for the most part.

MD

ps yes spell check would help many of us :roll:

I was hoping somebody would feel sorry for me and say, look idiot if press this key then this key, theres your spellchecker :)
I guess not.

I must have been having a good day??? :shock:
Normally I would have called you an idiot. Sorry I will catch you next time :banana:

LFF":2qf897ka said:
THG":2qf897ka said:
rocket2222":2qf897ka said:
HerefordSire":2qf897ka said:
rocket2222":2qf897ka said:

THG

Thought you did not like him due to Titian?
That is true LFF, I forgot that Titan was in his genetics. Thanks for letting me know.

THG

Latest posts