Feeling Thankful

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
This has been a tough winter, and especially the last 10 days or so of frozen he77 on earth. It was rough but we have had it much better than a lot. Our power didn't go out just flickered a few times one night. Thousands in our county lost electricity for up to a week. One of the benefits of living almost across the road from the electric co op I reckon. Our 4wd tractor is broke down and the loader tractor won't go in much mud or snow, so I have had to rely on the little 3000 Ford to get hay out, which we have had to man handle once through the gates because of the ice. This morning, the sun was out and saw some robins hopping around in the yard. The snow and ice is leaving and temperature in the 50's today. I was able to drive the hay out to my feeding areas this morning, it was a muddy mess but has been that most of the winter.

Been pretty rough here but doing better than most. Been without water and electric for 12 days now.
Biggest obstacle has been cutting trees off fences and repairing fence.

Been pretty rough here but doing better than most. Been without water and electric for 12 days now.
Biggest obstacle has been cutting trees off fences and repairing fence.
Hang in there ! It is going to get better. Spring time is on It's way. You got the worst behind you.

Ball joint on steering cylinder of my TN65 wore out and fail out of steering. Had to stick it back in the hole, tie it down with baleing wire and hay twine until I can get time to go get parts.

Had to switch hay forks over to another tractor at a different location to set hay out.

So this morning when i went to feed. My bull somehow had gotten inside one of the hay rings scooted it 200 yards with him in it and was laying down chewing his cude. Luckily he wasn't hurt. Was able to flip the hay ring over and off of him before he could rock his self to get up.

Had to use the broke tractor to scoot round bales out to the ring feeders because the hay forks were at a different place.

Anymore if something isn't wrong or happening. Things don't seem right Lol !!

Well folks that's another week bites the dust. Happy Friday came and gone... Have a great weekend stay healthy and safe. God bless. 😁🙋🏽‍♀️🌻💐

Looks like if we can keep from floating off today and tomorrow we should get some nice weather in Richmond anyway lol

We are feeling about same here. Do you need a rescue boat yet?
We are thankful its not ice and snow. One good time of that we are good until next winter. We are thankful to have water, electric, food, water, and all the simple things in life. Of course family, friends, even cattle today. 😊

No we dont need the boat yet I was down at the river feeding earlier and it was rolling tho but I'm like you just glad it isnt snow and ice we was out of power for three days lucky for us when I built my house we wired everything for backup power

No we dont need the boat yet I was down at the river feeding earlier and it was rolling tho but I'm like you just glad it isnt snow and ice we was out of power for three days lucky for us when I built my house we wired everything for backup power
So you ran a 220 input leg? Thats a good way to prepare.
Hey they just finished remodeling our dollar store it's now a fresh market dollar store. 😍❤ I been dollar store balling!! It's so nice to be able to get a few fresh items.

So you ran a 220 input leg? Thats a good way to prepare.
Hey they just finished remodeling our dollar store it's now a fresh market dollar store. 😍❤ I been dollar store balling!! It's so nice to be able to get a few fresh items.
I've not heard of a fresh market dollar store.
Is it a dollar general? Or family dollar?
What all they got?

I've not heard of a fresh market dollar store.
Is it a dollar general? Or family dollar?
What all they got?
I don't think I want to hear of that, we already have 3 Dollar Generals, a Family Dollar, and a Dollar Tree here in the county. I wouldn't mind if we a Publix or a Meijers though.

Last edited:
I don't think I want to hear of that, we already have 3 Dollar Generals, a Family Dollar, and a Dollar Tree here in the county. I wouldn't mind if we a Publix or a Meijers though.
That is understandable. We don't have any groceries stores close I'm very excited about the fresh market dollar store. The closest groceries would be the next county 20-30 minutes. When just grabbing a few things not worth the drive or to have to people that much. 😉

Latest posts