Feeling good.

Help Support CattleToday:

Workinonit Farm":2i6wlpdg said:
Ryder":2i6wlpdg said:
At least the pain lets you know you are still alive. :(

Yes, but......

Has massage therapy helped at all? Howabout a whirlpool?

Katherine
Massage feels good but no lasting benefit.
Haven't tried a whirlpool, but the hotter the shower the more I hurt.

Had a girl do Reiki on me and I could feel some effect but not enough. Surprising thing while she was working on me I was face down and her hands were so hot I thought she had held them in hot water. But she hadn't. The heat was just radiating from her hands. That was the first time. On subsequent treatments I didn't feel it.

i know why im falling apart because i pushed my body hard from 15 till 45.and all of that broke my body down and tore it up.

3waycross":2htoopt9 said:
Slick I wasn't disagreeing. I was just stating that Tylenol is very hard on the liver.

I agree on the ibuprofen, that's why I do a kidney function test once a year.

Did take it that way. Glad you told me about the Acetaminophen.

herofan":1eljdkjw said:
I'm 46, and so far, I suppose I'm good. At what age does stuff like this creep in?

For me it started when I was about 12 or 14. We had a cold spell, and I had dipped two buckets of water from the cattle trough to take to the hogs since their automatic waterers were frozen. I slipped on the ice and fell, hurt my back, and I've had back problems ever since. However, since about 5 years ago when I got a desk job, while the general stiffness has gotten worse I have a lot less back trouble than I did when I worked for a living.

It appears to me that barring a few situations, as long as you do, you can; if you don't, you won't. I'm not giving up hard work til I have to. I hope to be 85 and still smashing my thumb with a hammer, or busting my knuckles with a wrench.

Hero, besides what others have added, extra weight is a common predisposing problem and one I combat. Sometimes a chicken and egg senerio. It hurts to run, walk or whatever but if I dont I get heavy. That makes my knees hurt more and then I dont want to do anymore than i have to. That's where the drugs help me when i need them to keep active.

It is my understanding that being "fluffy" as I've heard it called in more delicate terms increases generalized inflammation as well.

Those with back/nerve pain, I don't lump in the same class. That's an all together different beast.

3waycross":2m49o8ug said:
There you go Ryder. Try the "Happy Ending" massage. It won't help the aches but it sure will take your mind off it for a little while :cowboy:
I was thinking about giving that a try. But the cops closed them down.
I located another one but before I could get there the cops closed them down as well.

Commercialfarmer":1sas3q26 said:
Those with back/nerve pain, I don't lump in the same class. That's an all together different beast.

:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:

No doubt about that! IMHO, that is worse than a broken bone.

Katherine