Feeling good.

Help Support CattleToday:

Been fixing fence for the last 3 weeks on my new lease..............believe me I know what you mean.

My hands and wrists are swelled up like clown gloves 24/7.

Bought a new Benelli 20ga yesterday and can't put it together cuz my I am so sore.

waking up hurting is why i sleep in a recliner now.now i just hurt for a little while in the mornings.

Hurley the hurting and aching IS what wakes me up. Wish I could sleep to 7-8 o'clock but just can't stay in the bed past 5 am. Shoulders and neck hurting like he//....once up I'm fine. A good cup of strong coffee and a walk around the yard helps.

Yep, same here.
I am halter breaking and getting cattle ready for the fair this time of year. My hands and arms get so bad that it's hard to close my fingers. The numbness will wake me up all night long. By the end of "Fair week" I feel like I have been run over by a truck. Bruised and broken!

Y'all are a bunch of pitiful folks, ya might as well go ahead reserve a room at the nursing home. I Gotta go take another dose of tramadol so I can finish working today.

I have a friend who's over 60 and she still barrel races. She had shoulder surgery about a year ago, and she couldn't wait to get back to her horses. I know pretty much nothing about horses, but I gotta think that it just beats the snot out of you, I don't know how she does it.

I've seen too many people with debilitating pain or chronic illnesses keep on going through it all, so I try to ignore my little aches and pains.
I may have another opinion in 10 years though!

A few years back I had surgery on my neck. Best thing I ever did, wished I would have done it sooner!
Several years before, I had a PR heavy duty panel dropped on my head causing a bulging disc, bone spurs, and pinched nerves. Still rode my horses and motorcycle, but it got bad. The surgeon took out the bone spurs and replaced the disc. The whole thing is pin and plated back together. I have no problems riding, but I will not ride anything that bucks anymore!

M5farm":1e9hd3d0 said:
Y'all are a bunch of pitiful folks, ya might as well go ahead reserve a room at the nursing home. I Gotta go take another dose of tramadol so I can finish working today.

That stuff help you? I have been taking an 800mg Ibuprofen morning and night and it makes life tolerable but truly the only real relief I get is when I can't stand it anymore and take a pain pill and since I limit those to one or two a week I am miserable most of the time.

I have tramadol from the dentist from a root canal but reading the pdr I was not too optimistic about them helping my arthritis much.

If you enjoy doing it don't stop. Once you quit it's almost impossible to get back in shape. I've been thinking of getting a horse and start riding a little every other day. The boy's are wanting to go on a horse back elk hunting trip. At the moment there's no way I can make it for 10 days on a horse, and sleeping on a bed roll.
My wife says dream on you old coot. I'll show her.

And there I thought this was going to be a positive thread... instead you go all out to make the youngsters scared of old age.

Still wake pain free most days and prescribe myself more exercise if I don't. My previous generation were debilitated by my age, so each day is an assurance that I'm not going to be them for a long time yet.
Sleeping in the truck a few years ago didn't do my back any good at all, I won't do that again if I can help it.

I can identify with 3Way and Branguscowgirl. If you have pain in your hands, you can't do anything. I have other health issues, but when it goes to your hands, it stops everything. Sometimes we plan what we will use our hands on the most important things; knowing that they will go down for some time afterwards.

I can no longer open packets of sweetener with my thumbs. I am losing the grip and must use a very sharp pair of scissors to cut them open. If the scissors are are tight, I cannot use those.

3waycross":1a3ffu6j said:
M5farm":1a3ffu6j said:

That stuff help you? I have been taking an 800mg Ibuprofen morning and night and it makes life tolerable but truly the only real relief I get is when I can't stand it anymore and take a pain pill and since I limit those to one or two a week I am miserable most of the time.

I have tramadol from the dentist from a root canal but reading the pdr I was not too optimistic about them helping my arthritis much.
I've been on them about a week and they seem to work. The doc wanted me off of the hydro codeine. My knees are shot cartridge gone and right knee has torn lcl ligament. I take it with a Tylenol and the pain is better. It seems to mellow me out tho

M5, do you take any vitamins? I take Glucosamine and Chondroitin sulfate everyday with at least 1,500 mg's of vitamin C. It takes 2 weeks to see any results. Might be worth a try.

My elbow and shoulder, to a lesser degree, are about shot. I'm fine when I'm out breeding but by mid-afternoon I get stabbing pains down my fore-arm and during busy times of the year I can't feel my middle finger.
I refuse to take anything stronger than beer for it. When I lost my fingers they gave me a vicodin and I hallucinated and puked for two days so I've sworn off pain killers.
Bee stings have been the best source of relief that I've found but now I'm to the point where I'm nearly immune to them so I only use them when it's bad.

hurleyjd":tijqviyl said:
Am I the only one that awakes in the morning hurting somewhere and wonders will I ever feel good again.

Nope.

Once I get up and start moving around it makes a difference. I get up and pop and crackle a bit, then that quits.

Some pain/"discomfort" I almost don't notice anymore.

Katherine

highgrit":1qbxxa6a said:
M5, do you take any vitamins? I take Glucosamine and Chondroitin sulfate everyday with at least 1,500 mg's of vitamin C. It takes 2 weeks to see any results. Might be worth a try.
Yes I take a multi vit, and osto biflex it helps with the other joints. The ortho wants to replace knee I only have to wait another 10 year's or so.

Latest posts