Feel the need to be frustrated?

Help Support CattleToday:

Nesikep

Reaction score
I was wondering what all you folks turn to when you haven't been frustrated in a long time and you have a yearning for that feeling

Rubix cubes
Sudoku
Tangled chain harrows
Cat herding

if you can't tell, I just spent 2 hours untangling my chain harrows, I had to flip them upside down and all the connector loops fell off, all the drawbar hooks fell off, and I was wishing I had a rubix cube.

There were a couple other things I would have added to this list, but I can't remember them offhand

Try attempting to repair one thats been tangled in a knot after the bush hog hit it in tall grass. It will make you want to pull out a set of ginsoo knives and do hairykare to yourself. I learned if you get it half way right, lift it up with the spear on the loader and this will help tremendously. Once you get it back in plave lay it on concrete and take a good hammer and beat the things closed so it don't happen again.

I knew *someone* was going to mention taxes lol

I didn't have a front end loader handy (our front end loader is a crawler), so I had plenty of fun with it

I just let the pin fall out that attaches the 15ft batwing to the tractor. That way the hydraulic hoses and fittings yank loose from the shredder and hit me in the back while he shaft separates and catches on the hitch snapping off the PTO. :bang:

Youch! Iso,
That's a rough 30 seconds of life punctuated by some hefty repair $$.
Worse still, if your like me, when I do something like that I have to fight the urge to take a stick and beat myself with it for letting it happen. At least until it's fixed.

Well, my dad lifted the rototiller on the tractor too high once and bent the tractor pto shaft, shattered the U joints, etc... We've all done things that we knew were wrong an Ohno-second after we did them

After inadvertently catching a broken piece of the electric fence and winding about a half miles worth around my bush hog, I just went off into the woods and beat my head against a tree for an hour or so. I doubt I will do anything that stupid again. That is if I recover from the concussion.

Worked my dayjob for 10 hrs yesterday and then had to haul my cows to summer pasture. My buddy says don't worry I will get them down to the lower corral so we can run them thru the chute and vaccinate for footrot before we load out. Well we had em all vacc'd and loaded and on the road by 5:30pm and headed up the road 15 miles. got there and I sent my buddy and his wife home while I went in and signed the lease. drove off thinking I was in tall cotton till my phone rings and it's my buddy telling me that he musta missed one of my calves sleeping in the hay barn so I need to get him and haul him back.

Well I knew I shoulda haltered him and led him down to the cowherd cuz you could'nt see them from the gate but I figured I might just get lucky and he would run straight downhill after I let him out of the trailer................found out I ain't very lucky, the cows were 100yds south of the gate out of sight behind some willows, and he comes out hell bent for leather runs 20 feet south , takes an 90 degree left turn and blows right thru the fence and the last I saw of him he disapering over a hill 200yds west of my pasture.

Figured no point in scaring him worse so I packed up and headed home. The neighbor called at 7 this morning to tell me he saw the calf run right back thru the fence to his momma and start sucking.........Wheeeew am I sick of cows at this point.

Agree with Vette, Go out the side door and look at the ground that used to be a pond. I've been thinking about filling that one in and digging anew one on the other side of the hill. A least I can "think" it has water in it.

We had a really wet May around here.. it's been great actually, but now it's getting hot, and we aren't going to be used to it... I've got a bunch of seed beds and I'll be hopping with the hand moves for a while

My dad just pulled a good stunt yesterday, and I thank my lucky stars it wasn't me... He got the back of the pipe wagon hung up on a fence post, and basically turned it into a pretzel... I'd never hear the end of it if it was me!... So today he's busy with the welder and grinder while I'm going to watch the hockey game!

Nesikep":1yca0l9b said:
We had a really wet May around here.. it's been great actually, but now it's getting hot, and we aren't going to be used to it... I've got a bunch of seed beds and I'll be hopping with the hand moves for a while

My dad just pulled a good stunt yesterday, and I thank my lucky stars it wasn't me... He got the back of the pipe wagon hung up on a fence post, and basically turned it into a pretzel... I'd never hear the end of it if it was me!... So today he's busy with the welder and grinder while I'm going to watch the hockey game!

Something tells me you're not rooting for Boston. :D

highgrit":bgldp5tl said:
Hockey ain't that some kind of sport?

Yea it's kinda like Soccer only everyone has a stick and a bad attitude and they all want to kill you. Don't make fun of hockey you might just find some fella named Gordie with no front teeth standing on your front porch lookin to open a can of whupazz on ya one of these days. ;-) :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

heheh, well, on the topic of feeling the need to be frustrated, I should add "be a boston fan" to the list... I liked the overtime period

and yes, I'm NOT rooting for boston..

went out sunday morning saw yearling heifers all out with cows ,now how could that happen? maybe they got gate open but noooo seems one thought that it would be a good idea to put its head through the bottom leg of the steel panel fence. Tore the whole fence down broke posts and ended up stuck upside down and bloated like a beach ball go and kick her and she kicks back at least not dead yet have to find hacksaw and cut both sides of panel to get her out but she lived spent the rest of day sorting 20 heifers from 60 cows.cattle there is a reason we eat them!

Latest posts