Feedlot fencing

Help Support CattleToday:

I checked on the concrete blocks available here. 24" tall x 24" wide x 6' long. weigh 3,800# have a "V" groove in the top and sides to lock into the next block. Cost $40 each. I'm going to keep them in mind for future projects.

I know nothing about feeding calves or the infrastructure needed, but would freestanding pipe/sucker rod panels be worth a look? Last I checked they could be got at about $300 per panel (that is not a bulk price) putting them at $12.50 per foot. Easy to reconfigure as needed and when you get out of the business 100% of your pens could be liquidated easily, and probably for darn near as much as you have into them. Maybe the wouldn't work well in that application but just a thought.

I know nothing about feeding calves or the infrastructure needed, but would freestanding pipe/sucker rod panels be worth a look? Last I checked they could be got at about $300 per panel (that is not a bulk price) putting them at $12.50 per foot. Easy to reconfigure as needed and when you get out of the business 100% of your pens could be liquidated easily, and probably for darn near as much as you have into them. Maybe the wouldn't work well in that application but just a thought.
One good thing about those is the fact that you have some resale value if things change. I've considered building some myself, I'm afraid freight would eat me up on buying them. I'm in oil field country, but scrap prices the last 10-15 years have made good pipe and sucker rod a little more scarce.

I checked on the concrete blocks available here. 24" tall x 24" wide x 6' long. weigh 3,800# have a "V" groove in the top and sides to lock into the next block. Cost $40 each. I'm going to keep them in mind for future projects.
Wow...if you can buy 2'x2'x6 foot long concrete interlocking blocks of concrete for $40. and move them into position (logistics) I can tell you this there's a hell of a lot more cement-concrete mix in them then $40 worth....that's a great deal material wise. And if you ever want to dispose of them...companies that crush cement blocks-pads will buy them or remove them...makes great road bed.

Latest posts