feeding

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I have just recently began to raise sme cattle. I need some information on what types of feed I should consider to get the best results in my cows and calves.
<br>
<br><hr size=7 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

Rex<br> If you are in this for a profit,concentrate on raising GOOD grass & let the cows eat that.Focus on MINERAL supplements.Most folks feed their cattle regular minerals which don't have enough vitamins,especially Calcium,phosphorous,vitamins A,D,& E.These are crucial for reproductive efficiency & quick post calving cycling.You cannot make a PROFIT feeding cattle bag feed.Also raise good mama cows & buy the most bull you can afford,with EPD's that accomplish the goals that you trying to achieve.Feel free to e-mail me;this could go on & on.<p>G.Wayne Holt<br>Holt Cattle Farm<br>Jackson,Alabama<p>
<br>

[email protected]

If you use any search engine(yahoo.com, etc.) and search beef cattle you will run across lots of links to many universities with ag. programs. You will probably find many articles that might help you in many areas of raising cattle including feeding, health skills and herd management. Good Luck and Happy Surfing!<br>Janet<p>
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":3dn9c062 said:
: If you use any search engine(yahoo.com, etc.) and search beef cattle you will run across lots of links to many universities with ag. programs. You will probably find many articles that might help you in many areas of raising cattle including feeding, health skills and herd management. Good Luck and Happy Surfing!<br>: Janet<p>I would like to know how much grain you should feed beef cattle per day. We have only 9 cattle grazing on our pastures and we are feeding them grain as well. We sell them in the fall for beef and we don't know exactly what ratio of grain is the best for fattening them up. Thank you for your help. Debbie.
<br>

[email protected]

OK Debbie here goes. Generally speaking they should be getting about 1% of their body weight a day in grain. If you are pushing them you can go more than that to finish them out well. My steers that will be beef this fall or early in the winter are getting about 7 to 10 lbs a day of crimped corn. My cows that just calved in the last month are getting about 3 lbs a day of crimped corn. I am pushing the steers hard to gain weight. I want at least 325 lb sides from them that grade at AAA.They are early fall calves from last year.They key to steers is to watch the "TWIST".It's the line that seperates the"cheeks" of their butt. You want it to be at least half way up. The key is to finish them out properly without alot of back fat. To load them up on grain towards the end just gives you alot of backfat.Try to keep the grain to them steady, if you need to increase it do it gradually if they aren't finishing properly.I hope this helped you out a bit! Good Luck.<br>Janet<p>: I would like to know how much grain you should feed beef cattle per day. We have only 9 cattle grazing on our pastures and we are feeding them grain as well. We sell them in the fall for beef and we don't know exactly what ratio of grain is the best for fattening them up. Thank you for your help. Debbie.<p>
<br>

[email protected]