Feeding Wet Brewers Grain

Help Support CattleToday:

MikeC

Reaction score
Went and got a load (approx 1000 lbs.) of brewers grain at the local micro-brewery today. Sure smells good. :lol: Was still hot from the cooking process and the calves seemed to like it.

brewersgrain.jpg

heifers.jpg

All heifers? How old are they?

I sure like the capacity they are showing.

Jovid":27m2xvu1 said:
All heifers? How old are they?

I sure like the capacity they are showing.

They are yearlings that have been treated rough. Real rough.

They'll do much better when Spring gets here.

No Dun. No snow............ ;-)

I'm excited about the Brewers Grain. They gonna give me all they have.

Gotta send some off and get an analysis.

dun":2pf2ph3w said:
Is that more of the white Angus? Maybe covered in snow?

So Mike how do you get them to turn balck so they can be CAB? :lol2: :lol2: :banana:

Jovid":2jhzdup7 said:
dun":2jhzdup7 said:
Is that more of the white Angus? Maybe covered in snow?

So Mike how do you get them to turn balck so they can be CAB? :lol2: :lol2: :banana:

CAB= Certified Albino Breeding? ;-)

Mike C, I feed brewers grain all year long. I get it from a micro as well. In the winter I mix it with cracked corn. When they get used to it, they become like rabid dogs over it. If you would, when you get the test back would you post it or pm me. I have heard that it ranges 25 - 35% protein but has no sugar (converted to alcohol) or fat. Lots of fiber though. You know when you stepped in one of those piles. :D

highvoltagecattleco":2pht7zal said:
Mike C, I feed brewers grain all year long. I get it from a micro as well. In the winter I mix it with cracked corn. When they get used to it, they become like rabid dogs over it. If you would, when you get the test back would you post it or pm me. I have heard that it ranges 25 - 35% protein but has no sugar (converted to alcohol) or fat. Lots of fiber though. You know when you stepped in one of those piles. :D

Excellent feed. Just remember it's high moisture so have to feed quite a bit of it but if it's free, what the heck. Most will test at 24-26% protein and is actually considered roughage from a nutritional standpoint. A little corn would dilute the protein and raise the energy. Should make those heifers change overnight. (But not to black). :lol: :lol: