feeding round bales

Help Support CattleToday:

dun":1a69a880 said:
Alice":1a69a880 said:
I've gone thru this thread 3 times trying to see where Tulsagreenhorn mentioned his wife, and I've yet to find it.

I did too

Whew...wasn't just me, then...

Alice

AngusLimoX":2tieohvy said:
Wewild":2tieohvy said:
The old man wasn't much into leaving anything in the field.

Aww crap, fooled again. I thought you were the old man!

The real man died in 92. Still miss him. You ever do what we discussed on our PM session.

aplusmnt":cr52wrbl said:
Carnivore":cr52wrbl said:
mnmtranching":cr52wrbl said:
I've fed a few bales each way, The end result is the same. If you take the twine off is better to set the bales on end.

You mean some people leave the twine on? I panick when one of the cows eats a piece of twine, thinking it is hay. Don't recall the number of times I have fought a cow over a piece of the twine.

I have been cleaning up twine/netting for 5 years now. Past owner never removed it once I think. Everything I turn around the wind has blown up more hay netting somewhere in a field. :mad:

A couple years I picked up the lease on a pasture the guy did the same thing on. I called the owner, asked if he approved. He hadn,d seen prop in 25 years. he came out and looked and I imeadiatly took over the lease. The bad news is I pick up a PU load almost every week. I'm going to renovate in spring, can't wait to see how much I get out.

Alice":3o4tfxym said:
ALACOWMAN":3o4tfxym said:
S.R.R.":3o4tfxym said:
If you have to ask what end of a bale to put up in your round bale feeder you do not have enough cattle. Put the bale up right or put the bale flat! It is in a feeder right? Let the cows go at it and spend your time thinking about how to keep your wife happy!! If you have that down pat pm me with the answer and then buy more cattle to keep yourself occupied.
i cant see where having more cattle will help you'r question tulsa, and keep in mind your domestic business with your wife is no concern of ours. but keep those begginer questions coming thats what this board is about

I've gone thru this thread 3 times trying to see where Tulsagreenhorn mentioned his wife, and I've yet to find it. I think the keeping the wife happy remark was SRR's attempt at humor.

Sorry, just couldn't keep from butting in on that one...carry on.

Alice (who expects to dearly pay for this)

You are right Alice just trying to throw in a bit of humor.

tulsa thanks for the pm the wife had 5 min of happiness added to her life!! ;-)

No wife to those who are wondering, and loving every minute of it. I enjoy being able to do what I want when I want without having to OK it with someone else. I am only 23, I would like to have a wife someday, but not in the near future, I have too many plans

Latest posts