feeding rations

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

right now i am feeding my 800lb steer 5lbs of 12% grain and about 25lbs of feeder hay and he putting on fast and is getting a big belly. my ffa adviser thinks that is good. but i was just wondering of any other feeding rations that i could use.
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":26xuyxe3 said:
: right now i am feeding my 800lb steer 5lbs of 12% grain and about 25lbs of feeder hay and he putting on fast and is getting a big belly. my ffa adviser thinks that is good. but i was just wondering of any other feeding rations that i could use.<p>A big belly is not a good thing. It could mean he has worms or is getting bloated, or he could just have a hay gut. I doubt he has worms since you said he is growing fast, but when was he wormed last? Bloat is a really bad thing, How much exercise is he getting? If you don't really know about bloat, you should read up on it.<br>If the whole steer is getting thick, then i think you are doing a good job. But what by you said, he just has a big belly, so I just gave you my thoughts on that.
<br>

(User Above)":2nabd7ps said:
: : right now i am feeding my 800lb steer 5lbs of 12% grain and about 25lbs of feeder hay and he putting on fast and is getting a big belly. my ffa adviser thinks that is good. but i was just wondering of any other feeding rations that i could use.<p>: A big belly is not a good thing. It could mean he has worms or is getting bloated, or he could just have a hay gut. I doubt he has worms since you said he is growing fast, but when was he wormed last? Bloat is a really bad thing, How much exercise is he getting? If you don't really know about bloat, you should read up on it.<br>: If the whole steer is getting thick, then i think you are doing a good job. But what by you said, he just has a big belly, so I just gave you my thoughts on that.<p><br>
<br>

Latest posts