Feeding Pellets

Help Support CattleToday:

TERM101

Reaction score
What amount of pellets should I feed to an angus bull(1 yr about 700 lbs). He has unlimited grass and water also. But, how much would be a good amount to feed him(pellets) as a daily ration? Whats the best way for determining how much to feed smaller/larger bulls? I use the allstock sweet pellet feed.

-Thanks
~TERM~

Depending on how you want him to grow. I would say with all the grass and/or hay 1 lb. pellets per 100 cwt of body wt. he should grow real well. 2 lb. pellets would pretty much be on full feed. Personally to grow him out and not really hatten him up I would start with the 1 lb per 100 lb. cwt body wt. and add or reduce the amt. from there as you see how he is doing..

TERM101":1yozfcbu said:
What amount of pellets should I feed to an angus bull(1 yr about 700 lbs). He has unlimited grass and water also. But, how much would be a good amount to feed him(pellets) as a daily ration? Whats the best way for determining how much to feed smaller/larger bulls? I use the allstock sweet pellet feed.

-Thanks
~TERM~

Where I come from allstock sweet feed is poor feed.
What percentage protein is it?
Maybe 12% feed would wind up costing you less in the long run?

Hillbilly

Around here we have always used allstock, it seems to do very well. Im not sure of the exact protein at the moment. Anyone wanna add some input on what pellet feed they use?

-Thanks
~TERM~

For pelleted feed we either feed straight corn gluten or corn gluten and soy hulls.

dun

SPRINGER FARMS MURRAY GRE":37i92gmr said:
I feed allstock from tsc, primarily for convenience sake.It is 12% protein and they really like it.

My mistake, In missery we have a product mixed by Tindles called allstock thats a grain base [corn and oats] with lots of molasses, everything will eat it but its only 8-9% protien.

Hillbilly

TERM101":3kv24lno said:

-Thanks
~TERM~
Is this going to be a herd bull, or a butcher bull? No offense, but if he is 700 pounds at a year old, I'd look at trading him for something more high performance, if you are raising a breeder. My heifers will beat that yearling weight by an average of 150 pounds.

Latest posts