Feeding inside the barn -- nearly heaven!

Help Support CattleToday:

Kathie in Thorp

Reaction score
Couple months ago, we did some re-arranging out in the cattle barn, put up more heavy panels, and now have a "great room" in there that's about 35 X 60. Bunk feeders are now inside. I do not miss the muddy/wet ground -- where your muck boots get sucked off your feet and next thing ya know you're in craaap up to your shins in stocking feet, mired elbow-deep, turning the air blue, trying to get your act back together! New carpet in the house would not have been more appreciated.

I thought you said you were from the drier part of the Pac NW ????

We haven't had a cow in a barn for 23 years... since we got rid of our Guernsey.

Winter, we get snow and we get rain -- more rain than snow this winter. Either one makes mud. Precip either runs or slides right down to where we use to have the feeders. If it was a big snow year, we'd be clearing the big door that goes into the barn, or the cattle would climb over 3 ft. of it to get in.

Did you get that big dump of snow my friend got a few weeks back? He got 3 feet over the course of the weekend. We got 5 inches :>

We did not get that dump here, Nesi. We need one, though. A dozen inches a few times. Pricefarm, everyone here knows I'm woefully inept at the picture posting, but I'll work on it.

Latest posts