Feeding Hay

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas

Reaction score
Not out of grass but started unrolling a roll a day to about 45 head. It's good and dry so I couldn't resist feeding without the mud. 2 weeks until I start grazing the stockpile fescue. Still have another 40 head on grass at another farm. Enough grass there to do until mid January.

ClinchValley86

Reaction score
Not out of grass but started unrolling a roll a day to about 45 head. It's good and dry so I couldn't resist feeding without the mud. 2 weeks until I start grazing the stockpile fescue. Still have another 40 head on grass at another farm. Enough grass there to do until mid January.
I am chomping at the bit to start grazing again. I have been telling myself to wait til Christmas. Cows are tired of the junk hay we made this year, but they're maintaining. This is my first year with a stockpile and full fledged feeding hay in Fall.

Had to get a neighbors cow off my stockpile earlier this week. Was in there for maybe 36 hours. She was so bloated that she couldn't fit through my slide gate at the corral. Almost broke it trying to push through it. I expected her to have trouble but was fine.

I figure if I don't graze it soon, a neighbors cattle will enjoy it instead of mine. We only have a single hot wire on majority of the perimeter fence. The old barbed wire is on the ground. Amazingly, rarely do animals jump the fence.

Latest posts