feeding cows p-nut butter

Help Support CattleToday:

I'm thinking of using it this winter to supplement the cows and use it to finish a couple of steers.

We used it. Its real meesy and hard to handle/feed in the low amounts needed. Best way to use it might be to water it down and feed it in a tank.

M5farm":2n9fatb9 said:
have any of you fed p-nut butter to cows?? 8 grams protein 2 tbs spoons. I can get 500# barrels for 60$

I can just see ol' bossy trying to get that PB out of the roof of her mouth. ;-) :lol2: Should have good energy anyway.

I picked up a couple barrels last week and cut the drums in half . The first day all the cows and horses were eating it like crazy. I pulled it after about 8 hrs and they had ate probably 40lbs Between 48 head. I put it back out the next day and they were not as eager to eat it all up. I would see one licking it and then go back to the hay. The 300 lb lasted 4 days. Compared to a 20% protein 200 lb they will eat it up in day.

Deepsouth":gxqbmj40 said:
M5 where do you get 500 lbs of peanut butter for $60? I probably won't feed any to the cows but I love peanut butter! By the way do you know where I might get a deal on jelly. :banana:
There's a farm store in GA that gets it and sells it as deer and wild hog attractor. It is smooth and taste pretty good. It's says not for human consumption.

Deepsouth":19s1w19t said:
denvermartinfarms":19s1w19t said:
If I could get it here I would probably feed some. What kind of 200lb tub only last a day?

One in a field with a whole bunch of cows.
Yep, when I first starred putting out tubs this year they were out except for one. I did notice that it seemed the black cows ate more. Could it be they were wanting a red hair on their back.

I've been mulling this over since this thread went up. I wouldn't worry about the donkey, but I wonder if peanut butter would colic a horse? I don't know.

Bigfoot":1ylsmqn2 said:
I've been mulling this over since this thread went up. I wouldn't worry about the donkey, but I wonder if peanut butter would colic a horse? I don't know.
If I had thousands of.dollars tied up in one probably. But the ones I have , have not had any problems.

M5farm":w853p1q4 said:
Deepsouth":w853p1q4 said:
denvermartinfarms":w853p1q4 said:
If I could get it here I would probably feed some. What kind of 200lb tub only last a day?

One in a field with a whole bunch of cows.
Yep, when I first starred putting out tubs this year they were out except for one. I did notice that it seemed the black cows ate more. Could it be they were wanting a red hair on their back.
I feed a bunch of 200lb crystalyx tubs, 1 tub will last 25 pairs atleast a month but really closer to 6 or 7 weeks, and there about 90$