Feeding and another question...

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

I just bought 2 purebred Hereford heifers, one purebred Hereford cow(to calve in may), and one purebred Hereford bull. I've got them on good green pasture(fescue, clover, and a lot weeds and vines around the fence rows), and am feeding about a half a bale of hay(fescue, clover, orchard grass, and a little timothy) every other day. I'm going to buy a salt brick and protein block tomorrow. Is their anything else I'm missing? What about the expectant cow, does she need anything more? And the other question is how often should they be wormed? Thanks. Casey <p>
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":247f73ja said:
: I just bought 2 purebred Hereford heifers, one purebred Hereford cow(to calve in may), and one purebred Hereford bull. I've got them on good green pasture(fescue, clover, and a lot weeds and vines around the fence rows), and am feeding about a half a bale of hay(fescue, clover, orchard grass, and a little timothy) every other day. I'm going to buy a salt brick and protein block tomorrow. Is their anything else I'm missing? What about the expectant cow, does she need anything more? And the other question is how often should they be wormed? Thanks. Casey <br>The salt brick or block is better than nothing,<br>but I prefer a good general livestock mineral!<br>Check with your local farm supply store for this!<br>This mineral will help your cattle in many ways<br>that the salt block can't! I think this mineral<br>will contain between 7 to 15 % salt with the<br>rest of the contents various minerals and vitamins!<br>Call you local county agent for his/her recommendations!<br>Your protein or molasses block should contain at least<br>5% fat for energy! Again check with your local county<br>agent for recommendations that suit your location!<br>Good luck!<br>
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

Latest posts