Feeding a show heifer

Help Support CattleToday:

Cherrybell

Reaction score
Hello. This year, we are raising a scramble heifer to show. She is currently eating bull and heifer developer, hay, and cooked corn. To gain what she needs, I was told to add beet pulp and oats. I had one person tell me to feed beans or rice or a mix of both. If so, what kind of beans? What kind of rice? And do I cook them in the crock pot like I do the corn? This is a competition so I just want to make sure I'm being told the right information. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Cherrybell":3b6j01f3 said:
Hello. This year, we are raising a scramble heifer to show. She is currently eating bull and heifer developer, hay, and cooked corn. To gain what she needs, I was told to add beet pulp and oats. I had one person tell me to feed beans or rice or a mix of both. If so, what kind of beans? What kind of rice? And do I cook them in the crock pot like I do the corn? This is a competition so I just want to make sure I'm being told the right information. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thank you!

Buy a bag of show calf feed and follow directions on the bag. In the meantime visit with your VoAg teacher and see what he/she says. Never saw any need to cook anything or feed whole soybeans.

Latest posts