feed replacement heifers

Help Support CattleToday:

arkie 74

Reaction score
I got 12 angus black and black baldie heifers 16 to 18 months old with BCS 3 to 4 and frame medium to large. Weighing about 825. I was wondering what kind of feeding ration would be good? Buying bulk feed with different options, but would like a complete feed with minerals already in it. Feeding free choice mixed bermuda hay barn stored. Also, feeding a replacement bull with the same feed. Also these heifers was placed with a bull on Sept.1
Thanks, Arkie 74

I would buy corn to grind& add minerals & whatever else you need for your area .To buy complete feed you should have a dealer in your area that can order what you want as close to it as possible. Their are alot of replacement heifer rations that are good but cost wise might be a problem. My bulls eat the same as my heifers & cows. I've never had a breeding problem Cows always caught when he bred them.I only ever had 1 problem with 1 cow when she calved.

Thanks for the reply Cowlady 1. What I meant by complete feed was feed with minerals mixed into the ration. Sorry for not making myself clear.

if i were you id just buy salt an minerals.an keep them out free choice for the heifers to eat.feed has minerals an salt in it.but not in the amounts that cattle need.

Latest posts