Feed Rations for John Deere 750

Help Support CattleToday:

baldy82

Reaction score
I am New to the board
I currently have a small cow calf operation and background the calves up to near or at finishing weight and just purchased a john deere 750 grinder mixer with hay table in very nice shape.
My goal with this machine is to cut feed cost, currently getting a cracked corn/ DDG/ pellets (based on ration), ground and delivered from a local mill but there mixing/delivery costs keep going up. Then use grass hay for filler.
My question is where do I start †o look at different rations to mix with this machine any resources available online and I would appreciate any recommendations. I have very good alfalfa/ grass hay mix available with plenty of corn on the farm.
Any recommendations appreciated
thanks

I'm no nutritionist.. my cows eat what I have, Welcome to CT.. Fill out your profile and location.. I'm sure someone will know the feed requirements of your area

Find an older miller, tell him what you have available for feed. Ask him what he would recommend. Most will come up with a simple ration, amount of minerals, salt, and vitamins, that will save you the cost of a pro.

baldy82":z5y6bt17 said:
I am New to the board
I currently have a small cow calf operation and background the calves up to near or at finishing weight and just purchased a john deere 750 grinder mixer with hay table in very nice shape.
My goal with this machine is to cut feed cost, currently getting a cracked corn/ DDG/ pellets (based on ration), ground and delivered from a local mill but there mixing/delivery costs keep going up. Then use grass hay for filler.
My question is where do I start †o look at different rations to mix with this machine any resources available online and I would appreciate any recommendations. I have very good alfalfa/ grass hay mix available with plenty of corn on the farm.
Any recommendations appreciated
thanks
See if your feed company will give you a copy of the formula sheet for the feed you're now feeding then just use the same ingredients.

Latest posts