feed ration for breeding cows

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

does anyone have or know of an effective and cost efficent ration to feed mama cows while nursing calves to help promote estrus?
<br>
<br><hr size=4 width=75%><p>

[email protected]

(User Above)":hhkcmgig said:
: does anyone have or know of an effective and cost efficent ration to feed mama cows while nursing calves to help promote estrus?<br>This is a tough question to answer without <br>knowing your location, pasture conditions<br>and quality and volume of your hay!<br>See if you can locate your Extension Service<br>county agent! A local vet or your local <br>cattlemens association may also be very <br>helpful!<p>Remember, what works for me may not work for<br>you! Try it and if your animals do well, <br>great! But watch them closly. If you see<br>a negative change in their condition be <br>ready to change!<br>
<br>

[email protected]

4 main things cows need are protien, energy, phosphorous and calcium. <p>Other vitamins and minerals are important as well, but these 4 are the base and required in the greatest amounts.<p>Grains are usually high in energy and Phos, legume hays are high in protien and calcium.<p>Vitamin A,D shots help as well, but don't expect a good mineral or vitamins to take the place of good feed.<p>You'll need to analyse your feed on hand and see from there the best suppliment(s) to add.<p>Jason Trowbridge<br>Southern Angus Farms<br>Alberta Canada
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":2ehbogkg said:
: : does anyone have or know of an effective and cost efficent ration to feed mama cows while nursing calves to help promote estrus?<br>: This is a tough question to answer without <br>: knowing your location, pasture conditions<br>: and quality and volume of your hay!<br>: See if you can locate your Extension Service<br>: county agent! A local vet or your local <br>: cattlemens association may also be very <br>: helpful!<p>: Remember, what works for me may not work for<br>: you! Try it and if your animals do well, <br>: great! But watch them closly. If you see<br>: a negative change in their condition be <br>: ready to change!<p>
<br>

[email protected]

(User Above)":1kivdy2u said:
: : does anyone have or know of an effective and cost efficent ration to feed mama cows while nursing calves to help promote estrus?<br>: This is a tough question to answer without <br>: knowing your location, pasture conditions<br>: and quality and volume of your hay!<br>: See if you can locate your Extension Service<br>: county agent! A local vet or your local <br>: cattlemens association may also be very <br>: helpful!<p>: Remember, what works for me may not work for<br>: you! Try it and if your animals do well, <br>: great! But watch them closly. If you see<br>: a negative change in their condition be <br>: ready to change!<p><br>After being under the asumption, for many years, I knew something about nutrition, I discovered Moorman's feed. After testing one group of cattle on Moormans program for a year and a half,those folks know how to raise breed back, weining weights, and at a lower cost than I could ever do with any other program. It flat works.<br>
<br>

[email protected]

Latest posts