• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Feed Prices

Help Support CattleToday:

okwalker

Reaction score
Just curious what everyone is feeding and what does it cost compared to last year?

Last year I fed a 50/50 Corn Gluten/SoyHull for $117/ton. I haven't got any prices yet for this year.

txshowmom

Reaction score
Our feed is running 206 bucks a ton. 53%corn 11 % protien feedlot ration.

dun

Reaction score
Delivered 135 ton, 13-14% protein 45% corn gluten pellets, 40% soyhull pellets, 10% steam rolled corn, the rest is minerals molasses a little ddg, a litle whole cotton seed.
These are rough percentages, I have the actual weights but not the percentages.

dun

dun

Reaction score
DRB":2up1jx9e said:
what are ya'll feeding? weaned calves, cows, steers?? why? suplement pasture?

That's our weaning, winter supplement, bring them up to the barn for breeding, etc. ration

dun

dcara

Reaction score
Does anyone know how regional the "Across breed EPD adjustments" are? The study Dun posted a link to was done in Nebraska so I'm curious as to what the geographical distribution of the study population was. Isn't it a given that different breeds perform differently versus geographical location?

PATB

Reaction score
Quoted 186 a ton for 16 percent pellets and esssential mineral. It will be fed to weaned animals.

dcara

Reaction score
Woops. I don't know how I managed to get that previous post on this thread. It was supposed to go into the beefmaster thread on the breeders board

Latest posts