Feed prices may be on the way down soon.

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":gchybh3p said:
hooknline":gchybh3p said:
Iron is also antogonistic to the absorption of copper

On edit..that's definatly sir loin.
But copper aids in the utilization of iron :shock:
And too much iron slows down the solubility of copper. At least from my understanding. Something about how the liver works.

True thus the need for "balanced " rations instead of these bathtub mixes some use to try and save a bit of money.

TexasBred":3bluadxv said:
True thus the need for "balanced " rations instead of these bathtub mixes some use to try and save a bit of money.

You are absolutely right. But some use nothing. Others use the blocks that are 97% salt (3%) mineral. I'd take the bathtub mix over that. Of course, there are always the resident "experts" here that add to the confusion. He once told my neighbor he needed to add lime to the soil. Guess he could have gotten the lime from the plant next door :lol:

backhoeboogie":37pb5mjl said:
TexasBred":37pb5mjl said:

You are absolutely right. But some use nothing. Others use the blocks that are 97% salt (3%) mineral. I'd take the bathtub mix over that. Of course, there are always the resident "experts" here that add to the confusion. He once told my neighbor he needed to add lime to the soil. Guess he could have gotten the lime from the plant next door :lol:
No kidding...or just ripped up a few acres of it. Guess Sir Loin is going to destroy the "sulfur salt block" market too.

Latest posts