Feed one and they all come running

Help Support CattleToday:

AZAggie

Reaction score
I normally save part of a bag of cake to hand feed a few of the "pets". I'm beginning to think I have more pets then cows.

Nice looking bunch. Having them broke to come for treats like that makes em a lot easier to get up or moved to another area when needed. I've got certain ones that always keep an eye out and will come running looking for a handout when they see me coming.

Jeanne the best thing we ever did was split pastures to rotate them. It allows them to be used to people and it allows us to see them all up close.

Not Cows, but it fits the title of the thread...... Neighbor told me today that he had (wild hogs) 3 sows show up on his trail cam, with 19 pigs. Put out some traps and started feeding them before actually setting the traps. He said after about 2 weeks of feeding them that he could start around the clear cut on his Kawasaki Mule and the pigs would come out of the woods and fall in behind him and follow the Mule just like tame hogs. "Feed one and they all come running". They figured out quick he had groceries. Ended up setting the traps and caught all 19 pigs and one sow. The other two need a bullet.

Latest posts