Feed Mill Closing

Help Support CattleToday:

madbeancounter1

Reaction score
I just got word through my boss that the mill that we have been using will probably be closed down by the end of the week. It seems that their mixer has broken and the owner doesn't want to spend the money to repair it.

We are looking for feed suppliers along the Arkansas/Oklahoma border that custom mix. The mill that we have been using is located in Fayetteville but we are looking anywhere in the NWA/NEO area. We've identified one mill over by Pryor that will custom mix and we know of a couple closer.

We have talked to several other people in the area that use a couple of the closer mills and they complain about inconsistencies in their mixes and we would like to avoid that. The other thing that we have to look at is that way that we buy the feed. Right now we aren't set up to take feed in bulk so we need to have it bagged. We also have to look at minimum mix. The guys over by Pryor require a 2 ton minimum and the guys we have been buying from require only a 1 ton minimum.

If anyone in this area has information that will help us out I would appreciate hearing from you.

You might try the COOP in Baxter Springs Kansas. That is where we get ours from and we only buy one ton at a time. 620-856-2365 ask for Steve.

Latest posts