Feed Corn question

Help Support CattleToday:

no but your local co-op would be a good place to start even if i did know shipping would cost an arm and a leg

Sorry, but there's no CO-OPs in this part of this liberal laden State. :( The last one in my area moved out or shut it's doors decades ago. The local feed store doesn't to seeds for planting, and the local garden store doesn't do feed seed.

There must be a seed dealer within a reasonable driving distance.
Are there any corn growers in your area? Maybe ask them. Most of the time corn growers have a few bags extra, if you only need a little.

You can buy it online here. http://www.natseeds.com

There's seed dealers all over the place, but none sell corn seed for cattle feed. All are for human consumption. The problem is, there aren't many commercial cattle ranchers on this side of the mountains. :(

There's a place I'm going to try that's about 60 miles away that may have feed corn seed. They mostly have garden flowers and some vegatable seeds.

Thanks Bez! :) That's a pretty long list of companies! I'm sure I will find feed corn for cattle. A friend of mine wants to plant candy corn and I want to mix some feed seed in with his candy corn seed. :D

63DH8,

There is a reason you can't find seed corn locally. They don't grow it is Western Washington. There is some silage corn grown but even that can be tough to get mature enough. The nearest store to you that I can think of that would carry silage corn seed would be either The Farm Store or Agriliance. Both of these are in Chehalis. They are off I-5 exit 76.

Dave

Dave, I figure so. That's why I was searching on-line. It's really no big deal. I wanted some to pull a practical joke on a friend. I was going to mix some feed corn in with his candy corn so he'll have a surprise when he cooks and tries to eat the produce from his garden. :D

Latest posts