FEED CONTAINER

Help Support CattleToday:

RICHARDL

Reaction score
Does anyone know how much feed (in pounds) can fit into a 300 gallon conatiner Yea i know 300 gallons. But i have (2) 300 gallon tote tanks i'm thinkin of making into bulk feed containers just not sure how many pounds of corn/feed i can fit into them. I can get a ton of feed here for $280 or 1/2 for $140 etc.. etc... has anyone done this before :cowboy:

I went to the online conversions and 300 dry gallons converts to 37.5 bushels. If you use liquid gallons it converts to 32.2 bushels. I don't know how accurate that is but it should give you something to go on. 35 bushels of corn is roughly 1 ton by the way. Just out of curiousity, what kind of feed is this that costs $280/ton? Straight corn is $130/ton around here.

THANKS, i looked for a conversion and couldn't find one. i almost got to the point of weight a gallon of corn. but never got around to it. the feed i was told was a "All stock" 12% protein 5% fat? They have another one called "Red Spring Grower" ITs 15% & 5% straight corn, last time i checked was $12o per ton but a long haul for me. I think the first time i go i'll get 500 lbs to see howmuch actully fits. than go from there and see how it goes when i get home, as far as unloading it and storing it. if all goes well i'll get more if not it will be spring by than with hopefully warmer, & drier weather.
:cowboy:

RICHARDL":mvxwffe0 said:
THANKS, i looked for a conversion and couldn't find one. i almost got to the point of weight a gallon of corn. but never got around to it. the feed i was told was a "All stock" 12% protein 5% fat? They have another one called "Red Spring Grower" ITs 15% & 5% straight corn, last time i checked was $12o per ton but a long haul for me. I think the first time i go i'll get 500 lbs to see howmuch actully fits. than go from there and see how it goes when i get home, as far as unloading it and storing it. if all goes well i'll get more if not it will be spring by than with hopefully warmer, & drier weather.
:cowboy:

Different feeds have different densities depending on ingredients. A high fiber feed will weigh a lot less than a low fiber feed with a lot of corn in it. If it's 120 a ton you can bet it's light weight and not much to it either.

5 gallons of our generic 13% mixture weighs 22 lbs. It consists of cracked corn, soy hull pellets, corn gluten pellets whole cotton seed and dical

Richard,

The feed place your purchasing from should be able to tell you about the weight/density. This year I've bought 4 super sacks of corn gluten -I thought the first one wasn't filled enough but the feed is really heavy. 21% protein. 2,000 pounds of it is about 80% full on a regular super sack.

Latest posts