feed bins

Help Support CattleToday:

scf84

Reaction score
anyone use small feed bins? are they costly? i would like to have a small one to store cattle feed
and was wondering what sizes are out there and cost. thanks

I bought one last year its around a 4 ton or so can't rember for sure I usually only put 3 tons in at a time. It was brand new with a sacker attachment on the side and a boot on the bottom for a auger to go on and set up for around $2000. Around here the smaller bins like that are harder to find used but u can find several good used 10 ton or more bins.

Dont know where you are but Tennessee Co-op has a 5 ton square bin. They were $1900 about a month ago. I like it real well. No having to pour concrete for it or worry about it being level.

tom4018":17on5pj0 said:
Gravity wagons work also, sometimes that is the cheapest way.

Gravity wagons do work I have used them in them before and sometime still use them. The only thing I don't like about them is trying to keep the rats and raccoons out of it.

I had a self propelled feed bin. My 1971 Chevy 3/4T with 8' combo box. :p :p :p Go to town and get a load of cake, creep, corn/DDG, whatever.

Parked the pickup under the shed and packed feed to the calves outside. Get pickup empty, go get another load.

Depends on the quantity you need to store, we used to use old chest freezers for small amounts of feed, both bulk and bagged.

I purchased an old gravity flow wagon. We just put new tires and packed the bearings so we could go pick up feed and move it around. So far, (knock on wood) rats and raccoons have not got in it.
If a rat were to think about getting in it, I would put my two Jack Russells over inside. :banana: Then the dogs would never let me go to the barn without begging to be put inside the wagon.
I think my trailer would hold about 3.5 tons. It sure beat picking up grain in the nylon sacks.
P0003117-1.jpg