Feed additives

Help Support CattleToday:

ffa dad

Reaction score
Do any of you use feed additives in your show cattle feed? ie: Winner's Edge, Moxy, Oxygen, Fastrack, etc.

If so which ones do or have you used? I was just wondering if there is really a big big difference between them.

We have used Fastrack and Moxy, and have done the best with the Moxy. So that's what all are getting now.

ffa dad":125wxdql said:
Do any of you use feed additives in your show cattle feed? ie: Winner's Edge, Moxy, Oxygen, Fastrack, etc.

If so which ones do or have you used? I was just wondering if there is really a big big difference between them.

We have used Fastrack and Moxy, and have done the best with the Moxy. So that's what all are getting now.

hey ffa dad. whats rvg and mobetter feed. you should find out and feed the same thing. rvg has been pretty successful

Lost Hope Ranch":169877el said:
hey ffa dad. whats rvg and mobetter feed. you should find out and feed the same thing. rvg has been pretty successful

that's not a bad idea there Losthope. ffadad, try pming TSM. She might be able to help too.

The neighbor only uses fast trac paste if an animal is off feed. Past that I'm lost.

I know of some folks using Synovex-H on their feeder heifers. It is an implant in the ear. Don't know about cost or if it is safe for use in replacement heifers. Are you after growth in steers? What breed? You want a medicated additive or a feed through wormer etc.

Lost Hope Ranch":2srovsm2 said:

i agree ffa dad. maybe you could ask rgv4, mobetter, & TxSimbrahShower. they can probably help you out & it shouldn't be too hard for you to get a hold of them.

txshowmom could probably also help you.

The only one that we have used is the Show Bloom with the brewers yeast in it. It has worked well for us, so we've stuck with it. But, the only thing that we have used it on is heifer's.

la4angus":3ou7r73r said:
mobetter11":3ou7r73r said:
The only one that we have used is the Show Bloom with the brewers yeast in it.

For some reason this doesn't sound right.

Show Bloom is great stuff. I've never fed it to cattle, but I used it for years on show rabbits. It is mainly brewers yeast, and it improves rumen function and supplies an abundance of vitamins.

Ann B

have you tired an ionasphere like bovatec or rumensin? Vita Ferm (Amaferm) has a good show feed also with the active live yeast cultures in it. Can't recall the name of it right now, but their web site is http://www.biozymeinc.com. They have good customer support, and benefits. Feed analysits came to the farm did samples, set up rations. Came back in 2 weeks. Did another sample of feed after 45 days. Good products, a little spendy. But everything that is a "show feed" seems to be.

The only additive we use is Showbloom. It really helps make their hair and skin shine and it keeps their rumen going. We tried the oxygen product but we did not see an advantage to it.

Showbloom is the only thing we've used, too. It seems to work well.

la4angus":13x2h24q said:
mobetter11":13x2h24q said:

What doesn't sound right?

That Show Bloom is the only one that you have used.
I just figured that you would be using Moxy like ffa dad is using.

la4angus said:
la4angus said:
mobetter11 said:

What doesn't sound right?

That Show Bloom is the only one that you have used.
I just figured that you would be using Moxy like ffa dad is using.

There are a dozen different show feed supplements on the market.
Everyone uses something different.

mobetter11":1m533u8h said:
There are a dozen different show feed supplements on the market.
Everyone uses something different.
hmmm. Interesting. Maybe a diferent supplement for different breeds of cattle. What kind of cattle do you show and at what shows.

Actually it's funny that you asked because we were all laughing about it the other day. My kids have always shown haired calves as their scramble projects, but, this year my daughter went with a slick haired black brangus. Son has a hairy black Simmental. Then they each have a commercial heifer for the county show. The only majors that we do are the ones that they scrambled at and caught, because you have to show the heifer there the next year. Otherwise, we just show county level. Kids are big into sports also. :) :)

Latest posts