FedEx requests permission from FAA to install anti-missile infrared lasers on some of their aircraft.

Help Support CattleToday:

greybeard

Reaction score
"FedEx is looking to outfit some cargo planes with a unique protective measure — anti-missile laser technology.

The Federal Aviation Association (FAA) said in a filing on Friday it is currently reviewing a request from FedEx to add infrared laser technology to some aircraft. The technology is designed to project a laser outside the plane that counters and disrupts a missile's heat-seeking capabilities.

"In recent years, in several incidents abroad, civilian aircraft were fired upon by man-portable air defense systems (MANPADS)," the FAA document reads. "This has led several companies to design and adapt systems like a laser-based missile-defense system for installation on civilian aircraft, to protect those aircraft against heat-seeking missiles.
"
More at the link.
FedEx lasers

They and UPS might want to install some defensive armament on their trucks and rail cars too.

train and truck heists

That is unreal the thief's targeting the trains, trucks and will get worse.

107001914-1642208879785-gettyimages-1237729069-901330-me-trains-robbed-of-packages02_IKJPG.jpeg

Last edited:
I dont know I feel like I missed so much in the wild west days. Bringing back train robberies maybe I can finally be a real cowboy!

With lumber is expensive. And car load after car load of lumber going by on trains here. I just hadn't figure out a way to unload a few car loads. I guess I wasn't creative enough.

I was stopped a few years back by a RR detective. I had a trailer of RR ties. He had seen me load them from the side of the track. I had the permit to obtain and haul them. He told me if I didn't have that permit he could confiscate truck, trailer and ME. He said he had more power then the Texas Rangers.

Maybe things have changed?

I was stopped a few years back by a RR detective. I had a trailer of RR ties. He had seen me load them from the side of the track. I had the permit to obtain and haul them. He told me if I didn't have that permit he could confiscate truck, trailer and ME. He said he had more power then the Texas Rangers.

Maybe things have changed?
My first baseball bat wasn't really a baseball bat. The neighbor worked in the rail yard in Tacoma, WA. It was a loaded club about the size of a ball bat they used to roust bums out of the rail cars. It has been years since the last time I saw someone riding in an empty boxcar.

Now they are looking to move locations out of LA the theft has gotten so bad. The thieves have no fear as they get no punishment. All in the name of social justice which apparently means do whatever the hell you want we wont charge you. I do think they are right however when they chant " no justice no peace" because we sure cant have it with all these criminals on the loose.

FAA withdrew the NPRM today. Not necessarily the end, but at least more time to research before putting it out for public comment.

Latest posts